DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/362885/reducing_avoidable) has announced the addition of the "Reducing Avoidable ER Visits by Medicaid Patients Through Quality-Based Interventions - Webinar" audioconference to their offering.
A collaborative effort among five regions of Ohio is targeting the key reasons for avoidable ER visits among Medicaid beneficiaries and rolling out test interventions in a rapid cycle quality improvement approach.
The Implement Medicaid Programs for the Reduction of Avoidable ED Visits (IMPROVE) Collaborative partners the Ohio Medicaid program with Medicaid managed care plans in the five regions to identify priority populations and develop quality improvement interventions for these patients.
Listen to pre-conference comments from Dr. Mina Chang.
During Reducing Avoidable ER Visits by Medicaid Patients Through Quality-Based Interventions, a 45-minute webinar from June 23, 2011 now available for replay, Mina Chang, Ph.D., chief, health services research and program development section of the Bureau of Health Services Research for the Ohio Department of Job & Family Services, delves into the program specifics:
- Identifying the driving factors that lead Medicaid beneficiaries to seek care in the ED;
- Creating actionable interventions to address the patient streams most likely to use the ED inappropriately - chronic back pain, dental issues, high-utilizers and the other patient populations targeted by the program;
- Building relationships and information sharing strategies between Medicaid managed care plans and healthcare providers to improve program results;
- Addressing legal and compliance issues
- Preliminary program results and lessons learned.
You can watch this program right in your office and enjoy significant savings - no travel time or hassle; no hotel expenses. It's so convenient! Invite your staff members to gather around a conference table to view the conference.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS CONFERENCE?
- Medical Directors
- Hospital and Health System Executives
- Health Plan Executives
- Physician Executives
- Business Development and Strategic Planning Directors
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/362885/reducing_avoidable.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
KEYWORDS: United States North America Ohio
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Hospitals Professional Services Insurance Other Professional Services General Health