Hospitals go smoke free with mild success

Organizations that implement smoke-free campuses show that about 10 percent of smokers kick the habit, reports The Tennessean. However, that leaves the other 90 percent to smoke in other public areas nearby. As more hospitals issue smoking bans, including recently, the Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, N.J., and Auburn Memorial Hospital in New York, institutions must weigh the health benefits with the potential backlash from employees about inconveniences.

Suggested Articles

The profit margins and management of Community Health Group raise questions about oversight of managed care insurers.

Financial experts are warning practices about the pitfalls of promoting medical credit cards to their patients.

A proposed rule issued by HHS on Tuesday would expand short-term coverage, a move Seema Verma said will have "virtually no impact" on ACA premiums.