Nation’s largest government healthcare system selects Quantim to help prepare for the transition to ICD-10
RESTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has awarded QuadraMed® Corporation, a leading provider of healthcare technologies and services, a five-year, $211 million contract to implement its Quantim® Coding, Compliance and Abstracting solution. The comprehensive, integrated solution will improve the VA healthcare system’s coding productivity and accuracy through real-time compliance monitoring and customizable billing processes. The agreement expands and builds upon QuadraMed’s Quantim solution, which has been optimized for the VA’s specific requirements. The VA has been utilizing QuadraMed’s Quantim solution since 2005 at 150 VA medical centers.
According to VA officials, Quantim was originally selected as its go-forward ICD-10 coding and compliance solution and retained its lead as the solution of choice due to its flexibility to integrate into the VA’s VistA Health Information System. Under the new agreement the VA will also be purchasing QuadraMed’s innovative Physician Query Tracking and Central Reporting tools, in addition to implementation, technical training and support services.
“We are honored to expand our partnership with the VA,” said Duncan W. James, QuadraMed’s Chief Executive Officer. “The agreement validates QuadraMed’s ability to provide the VA with innovative software solutions and services that elevate the quality of care for our nation’s veterans, while improving the administration’s financial health.”
The VA healthcare system currently utilizes Quantim to streamline inpatient and outpatient coding, compliance, claims editing and revenue-cycle processes, and will gain the following new functionality and enhancements under the new agreement:
- Physician-query tracking capabilities to ensure accuracy, timeliness and compliance with clinical documentation
- Integrated, enterprise-wide, central-management reporting and monitoring of Quantim key performance indicators
- New functionality for Veteran’s Equitable Resource Allocation monitoring
Other benefits of Quantim include:
- Multi-entity ready: scales to support additional facilities within a single instance of software
- Provides HIM professionals with an accurate database reflective of the patient’s encounter, including the severity of illness, use of resources and quality of care provided
- Enables best practices through healthcare delivery; research and analysis; reimbursement and policy-making processes
- Prevents practices that inappropriately increase payment or skew non-compliant reimbursement data
- Automates productivity monitoring and reduces administrative costs
About QuadraMed Corporation
QuadraMed® is a leading provider of award-winning healthcare technologies and services that help turn quality care into positive financial outcomes. QuadraMed provides proven, flexible solutions that help make our clients successful by streamlining processes, ensuring compliance and helping healthcare professionals improve the quality of patient care. Behind the Company's products and services is a staff of 600 professionals who support clients at over 2,000 healthcare provider facilities. For more information about QuadraMed, call 800 393-0278 or visit http://www.quadramed.com.
QuadraMed and Quantim are registered trademarks of QuadraMed Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.
Director of Marketing
KEYWORDS: United States North America Virginia
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Technology Data Management Networks Software Health Hospitals General Health