Twelve I Award Finalists in Wireless Healthcare Selected
Awards To Be Presented at the WLSA Convergence Summit May 10-12, 2011 in San Diego
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- TripleTree, LLC and the Wireless-Life Sciences Alliance (WLSA) are pleased to announce twelve finalists for the third annual I Awards for innovation in wireless healthcare and mobile healthcare solutions. The awards are to be presented May 11, 2011 at the Convergence Summit, a three-day event to be held May 10-12, 2011 in San Diego. The exclusive gathering of executives, investors and policy makers focuses on advancing innovations in wireless and mobile healthcare technology.
“We were overwhelmed with the quality of the applicants and range of solutions for this year’s I Award. Each of the twelve finalists will bring great energy and perspective to our Convergence Summit agenda and reinforce the relevance of how wireless and mobile solutions are transforming healthcare,” says Chris Hoffmann, senior director and chief marketing officer of TripleTree, which sponsors the I Awards and is a co-founding member of the WLSA.
The twelve finalists are cited for their innovation in wireless healthcare technology and are divided into three categories; one winner will be selected in each category, chosen by an independent panel of WLSA judges.
In the category of Healthcare Operational Effectiveness, three finalists were named:
- Palomar Pomerado Health, Escondido, CA, for their mobile software delivery of real-time patient electronic health information.
- Phreesia, New York, NY, for their wireless touch-screen mobile tablet for patient self-service check-in.
- Wound Technology Network, Hollywood, CA, for their telehealth- based wound services.
In the category of Healthcare Clinical Applicability, five finalists were named:
- Cambridge Temperature Concepts, Ltd., Cambridge, U.K., for its wireless physiological monitor for couples suffering from infertility.
- CardioCom, Chanhassen, MN, for its clinical telehealth services, daily vital telemonitoring and chronic disease telemanagement solutions.
- Cellnovo, Ltd., London, U.K., for their Diabetes Management System, controlled by a medical-grade touch-screen mobile phone. Mobisante, Inc., Redmond, WA, for its low-cost mobile ultrasound imaging system for maternal and fetal health.
- Telcare, Inc., Bethesda, MD, for its blood glucose meter, which wirelessly connects patients and caregivers to improve diabetes testing compliance and glucose control.
In the category of Healthcare Consumer Experience, four finalists were named:
- BodyMedia, Pittsburgh, PA, for its wearable body monitoring device that helps consumers understand energy expenditure, sleep quality and physical activity.
- Healthagen, Golden, CO, for its software that improves patient access to healthcare providers, physicians, and systems.
- Teladoc, Greenwich, CT, for on-demand patient access solution to urgent care centers and emergency rooms.
- Vitality, Cambridge, MA, for its invention that uses a combination of reminders and behavioral incentives to motivate adherence to daily medications.
The WLSA is an international nonprofit think tank that puts CEOs from the world’s most innovative wireless and mobile health companies together with global leaders in healthcare and technology and financial sponsors.
TripleTree, a founding member of the WLSA, is an independent investment bank and strategic advisor providing growth companies in healthcare and other technology-enabled vertical industries with merger and acquisition, private capital and principal investing services.
For more information about the I Award, go to http://www.iaward2011.com/.
For more information about the 2011 WLSA Convergence Summit, go to http://www.wlsa2011.com.
For TripleTree LLC
Mantra Public Relations
Gaye Carleton, 212-645-1600
KEYWORDS: United States North America California Minnesota New York
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Technology Data Management Networks Software Audio/Video Telecommunications Practice Management Health Mobile/Wireless VoIP General Health