DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/d4ccfd/health_it_jumpstar) has announced the addition of John Wiley and Sons Ltd's new book "Health IT JumpStart: The Best First Step Toward an IT Career in Health Information Technology" to their offering.
IT professionals can learn how to launch a career in health information technology
Government regulation is mandating that all physician practices, hospitals, labs, etc. move to electronic health records (EHR) by 2014, which, in turn, will create a demand for IT professionals to help medical facilities make this transition as smooth as possible. This book helps IT professionals make the move into health information technology (HIT) and shows you how EHRs can be securely created, maintained, distributed, and backed up under government regulations.
The author duo is a pair of HIT experts who understand how medical data works and willingly share their expertise with you so that you can best serve this emerging, evolving market. You'll quickly benefit from using this book as your first step to understanding and preparing for a job in HIT.
- Opens the door to researching how to make the move from IT to the up-and-coming field of health information technology (HIT)
- Guides you through the four aspects of HIT: government regulation and funding, operational workflow, clinical understanding, and the technology that ties it all together
- Prepares you for the healthcare market with a roadmap of understandable advice that escorts you through complex government information
- Pares down the extraneous material and delivers the need-to-know information on securely maintaining electronic health records Jump into the up-and-coming world of health IT with this helpful and insightful book.
Key Topics Covered:
- Healthcare Ecosystem: Past, Present, and Future
- Building Relationships and Continuing Education
- Healthcare Lingo
- HIPAA Regulations
- HITECH Regulations
- ARRA Funding
- PCI and Other Regulations
- Operational Workflow: Front Office
- Operational Workflow: Back Office
- Operational Workflow: Nursing
- Operational Workflow: Clinician
- Clinical Applications
- Administrative Applications
- Tying It All Together with Technology
- Selecting the Right EHR Vendor
Patrick Wilson, Scott McEvoy.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/d4ccfd/health_it_jumpstar
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Other Health