CHELMSFORD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Carteret General Hospital has selected an integrated end-to-end suite of workforce management solutions from Kronos Incorporated to more effectively manage costs and improve efficiencies. Through a range of benefits including improved hiring practices, alignment of labor to demand, and analysis of labor data, the hospital expects to save more than $400,000 within the first year of implementation.
- Carteret General Hospital selected the Kronos time and attendance, employee scheduling, hiring, absence management, labor analytics, and HR and payroll solutions. The hospital will also use the revolutionary new timeclock, the Kronos® InTouch™, which combines the latest in hardware technology with a powerful user interface.
- The driving factor of the Kronos selection was the integration among solutions eliminating multiple, redundant entries and other inefficiencies related to disparate systems. Also, Kronos’ strong reputation in the market and the advanced analytics solution were considerations for the selection.
- Previously, Carteret managed many processes manually. Through an integrated, automated workforce management system, the hospital will gain real-time visibility into critical labor data, helping management make more effective labor-related decisions. For example, with Kronos, Carteret nurse managers can view real-time information on available and qualified staff members who float between units. This will help reduce dependency on overtime and agency use and associated costs.
- The Kronos hiring solution will help the hospital select the most productive and best-fit candidates and help reduce turnover. By achieving even one percent increase in retention, the hospital can save $100,000 annually. The automated HR and payroll solution from Kronos will also help eliminate paper-based, repetitive processes and expedite on-boarding.
- Carteret also selected the newly enhanced, fully integrated analytics solution from Kronos. To make informed decisions, workforce data needs to be aligned with operational data such as census figures, billing information, incident reports, and outcomes data. The Kronos analytics solution consolidates this information in real time and in one intuitive dashboard. This will enable Carteret to identify, predict, and manage opportunities for cost savings and productivity gains.
- Beth Beswick, vice president, human resources, Carteret General Hospital
“We selected Kronos because of its extensive experience in healthcare workforce management and its comprehensive solution. From gaining real-time visibility in timekeeping, scheduling, and absence management, we will be able to accurately align labor to demand. Also, by hiring best-fit candidates and having the ability to analyze labor trends, we will turn our workforce into our differentiator and offer the best care to our patients.”
- Brian Graves, global practice leader, healthcare, Kronos
“Carteret General Hospital is an example of a progressive organization that is taking a holistic approach to managing the workforce. By automating all critical workforce business processes, the hospital is poised for improved quality care delivery while controlling costs.”
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark and InTouch is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Indrani Ray-Ghosal, +1 978-947-3042
KEYWORDS: United States North America Massachusetts
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Technology Data Management Internet Software Other Technology Practice Management Health Hospitals General Health Managed Care