Products and education designed to help providers improve outcomes
LIMERICK, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Teleflex Incorporated (NYSE: TFX) will showcase a number of anesthesia, respiratory therapy and vascular access products at the Society of Critical Care Medicine’s 41st Critical Care Congress February 4-8, in Houston, Texas.
Teleflex will highlight:
- The Teleflex ISIS® HVT™, the first convertible endotracheal tube, features an integrated suction port and separate suction line allowing for subglottic secretion suctioning on demand. Now clinicians can be free from the burden of choosing which tube is best for the patient at the time of intubation. When needed, a separate suction line can be attached to the ISIS HVT endotracheal tube via a secure locking connection. This versatile design allows for use of one endotracheal tube to meet the needs of patients requiring both short- and long-term ventilation.
- VasoNova™ Vascular Positioning System is a central venous catheter tip location and navigation technology that allows for real-time accurate confirmation of placement of peripherally inserted central catheters and central venous catheters. The VPS System is indicated for use as an alternative method to fluoroscopy or chest x-ray for central venous catheter tip placement confirmation in adult patients when a steady blue bull’s eye is obtained. NOTE: If a steady blue bull’s eye is not obtained, standard hospital practice should be followed to confirm catheter tip location.
- The Gibeck® Humid-Flo® 72-Hour Integrated Kit provides clinicians everything they need to start passive humidification and promote best practices to help reduce the risk of ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP). The Gibeck Humid-Flo Heat & Moisture Exchanger (HME)
- Enables the Gibeck Humid-Flo 72-Hour Integrated Kit to remain in-line during the first 72 hours of mechanical ventilation, even when aerosol treatments are given
- Reduces circuit breaks and allows for adherence to clinical practice guidelines1-3
- Maximizes clinical outcomes by eliminating the need to interrupt ventilation, allowing positive end-expiratory pressure (PEEP) to be maintained
- The Arrow® ErgoPack™ System is an ergonomic packaging system for vascular access procedures designed to efficiently facilitate compliance with best practices, evidence-based medicine, guidelines and recommendations from organizations to reduce the risk of Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections (CLABSI).
- Hands-On Educational Opportunities at the Teleflex booth (#215). SCCM congress participants can practice CVC insertion on a computer simulator and use Teleflex airway products on models to better understand their features and benefits.
For more information on Teleflex’s anesthesia, respiratory therapy and vascular access products, as well as its educational programs, visit www.teleflex.com.
References: 1. Coffin SE, Klompas M, Classen D, et al. Strategies to prevent ventilator-associated pneumonia in acute care hospitals. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2008;29:S31-S40. 2. Hess DR, Kallstrom TJ, Mottram CD, Myers TR, Sorenson HM, Vines DL; for the American Association for Respiratory Care. Care of the ventilator and its relation to ventilator-associated pneumonia. Respir Care. 2003;48:869-879. 3. Tablan OC, Anderson LJ, Besser R, Bridges C, Hajjeh R; for the CDC and the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee. Guidelines for preventing health-care—associated pneumonia, 2003: recommendations of CDC and the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee. MMWR Recomm Rep. 2004;53(RR-3):1-36.
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a leading global provider of specialty medical devices for a range of procedures in critical care and surgery. Our mission is to provide solutions that enable healthcare providers to improve outcomes and enhance patient and provider safety. Headquartered in Limerick, PA, Teleflex employs approximately 11,600 people worldwide and serves healthcare providers in more than 130 countries. Additional information about Teleflex can be obtained from the company's website at www.teleflex.com.
Any statements contained in this press release that do not describe historical facts may constitute forward-looking statements. Any forward-looking statements contained herein are based on our management's current beliefs and expectations, but are subject to a number of risks, uncertainties and changes in circumstances, which may cause actual results or company actions to differ materially from what is expressed or implied by these statements. These risks and uncertainties are identified and described in more detail in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our Annual Report on Form 10-K.
Teleflex, Arrow, ISIS, HVT, Gibeck, VasoNova and ErgoPack are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates.
Treasurer and Vice President of Investor Relations
KEYWORDS: United States North America Pennsylvania Texas
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Technology Other Technology Health Hospitals Medical Devices Medical Supplies