TORONTO and AUBURN, Calif., May 21 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- TCS Healthcare Technologies (TCS), an industry leader in the development of medical management software applications, announced today that they have added an interactive text messaging application and interface to its care management software platform, supported by Life: WIRE(TM) Corp, a mobile communications and health information solution provider.
Rob Pock, the CEO of TCS notes, "The alliance between Life:WIRE and TCS will provide an important resource in how health care information can be collected, shared and utilized by case managers, patients, providers and other key stakeholders. With the dramatic growth of text messaging, this form of communication is a natural add on to the existing communication options that TCS Acuity Advanced Care(TM) already supports."
Howard Rosen, MBA, CEO of Life:WIRE further explains, "Life:WIRE is designed to easily integrate into a user's daily routine and turns any off-the-shelf cell phone into an interactive health management tool, without the need for patients to download or install software or purchase equipment. Through our two-way messaging and administrative management platform, TCS clients and their patients can send, receive and respond to customized text messages on their existing cell phones. Messages include functional rating scales, reminders of appointments, wellness tips, and reinforcement of educational information. All of these transactions are stored and tracked on a secure platform that can be used by providers, patients and others to improve clinical and financial outcomes."
Garry Carneal, JD, MA, a nationally recognized expert in the case management field and former President & CEO of URAC, notes that, "To the best of my knowledge, TCS is the first care management software vendor to add an application like Life:WIRE's two-way text messaging service to its platform. Among other attributes, the new application will enhance patient compliance strategies for those enrolled in case, disease and preventive management programs. "
TCS continues to be one of the premier care management software companies in the United States designing, offering and hosting a number of products and services including:
- Acuity advanced care(TM), a comprehensive and integrated care management software system for Utilization Management (UM), Case Management (CM), Disease Management (DM), and Prevention/Wellness (PW) services;
- Acuity AnyWare(TM), a web-enabled case management software application specifically designed for independent professionals or small organizations, which is sponsored by the Case Management Society of America (CMSA);
- AcuCare, evidenced-based care programs, which includes clinical assessments and outcome-based care plans;
- AcuStrat(TM), a population stratification and automation tool that turns patient healthcare information into automated actionable events;
- AcuExchange(TM), a provider portal that allows providers to submit authorization requests over the Internet and collaborate with the payer;
- AcuPort(TM), a middleware software (Extraction, Transformation, & Loading) solution to link disparate information, from multiple applications into one useful system; and
- Consulting Services for system implementations, workflow process improvement, care planning, and IT integration.
About TCS Healthcare Technologies.
With its national headquarters based in Auburn, California, TCS is a leading provider of software and clinical solutions that improve medical management (UM/CM/DM/PW) performance and effectiveness for health plans, insurers, providers, third party administrators, medical management companies, and others, who serve the private and public sectors. For more information about TCS, call (530) 886-1700 ext. 211 or go to www.tcshealthcare.com.
About Life:WIRE Corp.
With operations in Toronto, Canada and Annapolis, Maryland, Life:WIRE develops patient-friendly and cost-effective solutions that enable users to proactively manage their health conditions. Life:WIRE 's patent-pending technology turns a standard cellular phone into a health management tool. Our patient-friendly solution incorporates remote management and monitoring systems that facilitate proactive management of disease conditions and promotes wellness through virtually any mobile system in the world. For more information about Life:WIRE, call at 416-690-1516 or go to www.lifewire.ca.