DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/44c1bc/frost_sullivan_s) has announced the addition of Frost & Sullivan's new report "Frost & Sullivan Speaks Candidly with U.S. Pharmacists" to their offering.
This study encompasses feedback provided by a healthcare pharmacist research panel consisting of 10-15 pre-selected participants and were conducted via online moderated discussion boards over a three-day period. Series of questions were asked around current topics of interest to pharmacists. Questions and discussions were designed to gage both short-term and long-term trends and impacts. Questions posed to the pharmacist panel covered the following main topics: the role of the pharmacist, patient management services, pharmacy trends, information technology and applications, and future trends
Objective Frost & Sullivan wanted to find out how U.S. pharmacists are approaching some of the leading market forces impacting their day-to-day work, capabilities, budgets, and strategic plans. The primary goal was to encourage participants to freely express their opinions and ideas around all aspects of a topic, facilitating a free exchange about opportunities and threats impacting their jobs and pharmacies as well as potential implications for the broader U.S. healthcare market.
Methodology The healthcare pharmacist research panel consisted of 10-15 pre-selected participants and were conducted via online moderated discussion boards over a three-day period. Series of questions were asked around current topics of interest to pharmacists. Questions and discussions were designed to gage both short-term and long-term trends and impacts.
Participants The Q4 2010 panel consisted of 10-15 pharmacists and pharmacy managers. Panel participants were randomly selected from a pool of pre-screened, qualified candidates and mainly represented independent pharmacies across the U.S.
Questions Posed to Panel
- What is your primary responsibility as a pharmacist?
- What types of things are you increasingly being asked to do that take time away from your primary role? How do these activities impact your workflow (e.g. increased job demands such as vaccine administration)?
- How do you see your role evolving in terms of patient disease management?
- What type of influence do you have on patient purchasing behavior for RX and OTC drugs?
- How are pharmacists impacted by consumers use of alternative medicines (herbals)/dietary supplements - do they have the proper access to information/continuing education if/when patients ask about this?
Key Topics Covered:
- Role of the Pharmacist
- Patient Management Services
- Pharmacy Trends
- Slide Pharmacy Trends
- Information Technology and Applications
- Future Trends
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/44c1bc/frost_sullivan_s
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
KEYWORDS: United States North America
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Hospitals Pharmaceutical Other Health General Health