DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/657531/austin_tx_market) has announced the addition of the "Austin, TX Market Overview" report to their offering.
The Austin healthcare market is dominated by St. David's HealthCare, which is partially owned by Nashville, Tenn.-based HCA, and Seton Family of Hospitals, part of Ascension Health. Together, they command 89 percent of inpatient discharges. One of the strongest trends in the Austin area is an increase in employment of physicians by health systems. Expansion of healthcare facilities, including construction of two new hospitals, continues as the population grows at a rate of 3 percent annually. The area's uninsurance rate is 23 percent, but two new programs help small businesses afford health insurance coverage.
Questions answered in this report:
- Most hospitals in Austin are affiliated with St. David's HealthCare or Seton Family of Hospitals, both of which have made new agreements to acquire community hospitals. In Williamson County, Scott & White Healthcare has a growing presence. Two hospitals are under construction by independent developers. Which hospitals have St. David's HealthCare and Seton agreed to acquire? Which hospitals are independent in the Austin market? Which hospital in Williamson County became part of the Scott & White healthcare system in 2010? Where are the two hospitals under construction, and when are they scheduled to open?
- Physicians in the Austin market are opting for employment with hospitals and medical groups as they face an uncertain business environment. Which health system created a new nonprofit organization to employ cardiologists, and launched an integrated-care approach with a local medical group? How many physicians does Seton Family of Hospitals employ through nonprofit organizations? Which health system recruited an expert in robotic surgery to lead a new institute?
- Managed care companies in the Austin market are showing greater interest in care coordination and disease management. Which managed care organization began a three-year medical home pilot project with a multispecialty medical group? Which MCOs are focusing disease management efforts on diabetes, and what approaches are they taking?
- Austin Diagnostic Clinic
- Austin Regional Clinic
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Capital Area Providers
- Seton Family of Hospitals
- Seton Physician Hospital Network
- St. David's HealthCare
- Texas Business Group on Health
- UnitedHealth Group
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/657531/austin_tx_market
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
KEYWORDS: United States North America
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Hospitals General Health