MINNEAPOLIS, Jan. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- RedBrick Health, a leader in consumer health engagement technology and The Institute for Health and Productivity Management (IHPM), a global non-profit enterprise created to establish the full value of employee health as an investment in workplace productivity and business performance, announce the formation of a first-of-its-kind WorkPlace Center™ for Employee Health Incentives. The new WorkPlace Center is a meeting place for employers, health plans and health solutions providers of all kinds to share their latest thinking and practice in the evolving field of behavioral incentives and employee engagement, and to conduct new research to "push the curve" in this field.
The Mission of the WorkPlace Center for Employee Health Incentives is to demonstrate the most effective incentives for employees to become engaged in lifestyle behavior changes that measurably reduce their health risks, improve their productivity, and slow the rise of employers' medical costs.
The WorkPlace Center to Study the Science of Incentives for Healthy Behavior will assist:
- Employers with validated information on incentives for employees which increase engagement and change behavior to reduce health risks, slow rising medical costs and improve productivity;
- Health plans and other health solution providers in developing evidence-based incentive designs that increase employee engagement and change health behaviors to improve outcomes from prevention, wellness and condition management programs;
- Pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in developing more effective patient compliance programs in concert with new incentive-based health plan benefit designs.
WorkPlace Center actions will include:
- Recruiting additional sponsors to support the mission and activities of the Center and build it into the national thought leadership body on the subject of incentives;
- Forming an Advisory Board of leading practitioners from sponsors and major stakeholder groups including self-insured employers, health plans and other health solution providers and researchers from the field of behavioral economics to establish the Center's objectives and help set its research and education agenda;
- Conducting sponsored field research with the stakeholders to test the value of different kinds of incentives in improving engagement and effecting behavior change that improves functional health and productivity and slows rising medical costs;
- Providing educational opportunities for all stakeholders through IHPM Value-Based Health Conference sessions and Academies and publishing research results and other educational content in IHPM electronic and print vehicles such as Health & Productivity Management.
"Linking rewards to healthy behaviors provides a financial benefit to employees who invest time and energy in their health," says Kyle Rolfing, founder and president of RedBrick Health. "By establishing a proper rewards structure, a win-win situation for both the employees and their employer can be realized."
About RedBrick Health
RedBrick is a health engagement technology company that helps employers reinvigorate their health & wellness programs. The company combines financial accountability, clinical and behavioral insight, social and game mechanics and powerful data analytics to create a personalized and persuasive experience delivered through web, mobile and live interactions. As a result, RedBrick drives healthy behaviors, better outcomes, and stronger returns on everyone's investment in health. The company serves large, self-insured employers and strategic distribution partners. Visit RedBrick at redbrickhealth.com, read more at healthinnovationblog.com or follow the company at twitter.com/redbrickhealth.
SOURCE RedBrick Health