Free, web-based Electronic Medical Record (EMR) company continues rapid growth, adding 200 new medical professionals each day to a community of 43,000 users, and developing key partnerships.
SAN FRANCISCO, June 22 /PRNewswire/ -- Practice Fusion today announced that the company passed the 43,000 user mark, which represents 72% growth during the first six months of 2010. The free, web-based Electronic Medical Record (EMR) company was recently reported to have 7% of the total ambulatory EMR market according to a Software Advice analysis. Practice Fusion continues to be the fastest growing EMR community in the US, serving the needs of physicians, nurses, practice managers and patients across the country.
After experiencing 400% growth and reaching 25,000 users in 2009, Practice Fusion has continued its rapid growth in the first half of 2010. Highlights from the last six months include:
- Partnering with Dell, the No. 1 global health IT services provider according to Gartner, to offer an affordable, user-friendly EMR package
- Launching a free e-prescribing module connected to 50,000 pharmacies
- Adding Mark Goines, formerly with Intuit and Charles Schwab, to the board
- Announcing the Kareo billing integration
- Launching a mental health provider module
- Introducing a community page where users can interact online in real-time
- Creating a national Certified Consultant Network to provide on-site support for medical practices
- Being named one of the "Hottest Companies in San Francisco"
- Adding Vy Le, formerly of Current Health and GAP Inc., as VP of Training
- Presenting the EMR at HIMSS, Pri-Med, ACOG, APA and Health 2.0 events
- Moving the ever-expanding team to a new 9,000 square foot office in San Francisco
- Passing the 100,000 view milestone on YouTube
"After so many years of hard work it is amazing to see Practice Fusion established as a heavy hitter in the EMR market," said Matt Douglass, Vice President of Engineering at Practice Fusion. "It truly takes my breath away to look back and see the enhancements we've seamlessly added to the EHR and PHR, while simultaneously on-boarding and training tens of thousands of new users. And, of course, a large part of our success is due to our users spreading the word. Our community is as passionate about finding an affordable and effective the EMR as they are excited to tell their colleagues."
Practice Fusion is available free to any physician in the country with no installation or downtime required. Medical professionals can register for Practice Fusion online at www.practicefusion.com in less than five minutes.
About Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion provides a free, web-based Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system to physicians. With charting, scheduling, e-prescribing, billing, lab integrations, unlimited support and a Personal Health Record for patients, Practice Fusion's EMR addresses the complex needs of today's healthcare providers and disrupts the health IT status quo. Practice Fusion is the fastest growing EMR community in the country with more than 43,000 users. Salesforce.com and Morgenthaler Ventures each own a minority interest in Practice Fusion. For more information on Practice Fusion, please visit practicefusion.com.
About the EMR market
The average Electronic Medical Record system costs $44,000 a year, with an additional $8,500 in ongoing costs. High start-up costs are part of the reason that, according to the CDC, only 6.3% of physicians report having a fully-functional EMR in place. Federal stimulus money is expected to off-set initial costs and increase adoption in the next five years as well as cause the EMR market to grow by 400% in the next eight years.
Hallema Sharif Clyburn
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
SOURCE Practice Fusion