Nationally recognized healthcare leader, Cora M. Tellez - formerly of Blue Shield and Health Net - joins the Board of Directors at Practice Fusion
SAN FRANCISCO, June 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Practice Fusion, the fastest growing Electronic Medical Record (EMR) community in the US, today announced the addition of Cora M. Tellez to its Board of Directors. Tellez brings her extensive background in managed care and the hospital sector to provide guidance to the company as it continues to rapidly expand its community of 90,000 medical providers serving 13 million patients.
"I've been fortunate to have a hand in several transformative healthcare changes during my career, but Practice Fusion is creating a true revolution," said Tellez. "Practice Fusion's unique business model is paired with an outstanding commitment to doctors and patients. I am delighted to be a part of the Practice Fusion team."
Tellez was an early supporter of Practice Fusion, joining the company's advisory board in 2006. With her unique insight into the managed care market and medical technology, Tellez served as a key resource during the initial development of Practice Fusion's free, web-based EMR. She also served as a Member of the Mayor of San Francisco's Blue Ribbon Committee on Health Care.
Key facts about Cora M. Tellez:
- Joined Practice Fusion's advisory board in 2006 and the Board of Directors in 2011
- Former President of Health Net health plans, CEO of Blue Shield of California- Bay Region, Vice President and Regional Manager at Kaiser Permanente of Hawaii, and President and Chair of Prudential Healthcare Plan of California
- Founded Sterling Health Services Administration, Inc. in 2003 and Sterling Self Insurance Administration in 2010. She serves as Chief Executive Officer and President of both
- Board Director of Crescent Healthcare
- Board Director and Vice President of the S.H. Cowell Foundation
- Also serves as a Director of the Institute for Medical Quality
- Tellez received her B.A. from Mills College and her M.S. in Public Administration from California State University, Hayward
"Cora is a healthcare mastermind," said Ryan Howard, CEO of Practice Fusion. "She has an unparalleled dedication to patients and a broad vision for the future of the medical sector. Practice Fusion is fortunate to have her on board as we prepare to pass the 100,000 user mark."
About Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion provides a free, web-based Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system to physicians. With charting, scheduling, e-prescribing, billing, lab integrations, referral letters, Meaningful Use certification, unlimited support and a Personal Health Record for patients, Practice Fusion's EMR addresses the complex needs of today's healthcare providers and disrupts the health IT status quo. Practice Fusion is the fastest growing EMR community in the country with more than 90,000 users serving 13 million patients. The company closed a $23 million Series B round of financing led by Founders Fund in April 2011. For more information about Practice Fusion, please visit practicefusion.com.
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
San Francisco: 415.992.7726
SOURCE Practice Fusion