BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The Midwest edition of Payers & Providers – a weekly healthcare business newsletter featuring breaking news and cutting-edge commentary – made its debut on Feb. 15, and will publish every Tuesday. The initial issue includes a prediction by former Minnesota governor and current presidential hopeful Tim Pawlenty that healthcare reform will fail. Anna Lambertson of the Kansas Health Consumer Coalition predicts the exact opposite in a contributed opinion piece.
The Midwest edition of Payers & Providers joins the California edition, which launched in 2009 and is published every Thursday. A monthly national edition of the publication will launch in March. Payers & Providers is affiliated with healthcare business publishing firm MCOL.
The new weekly publication features cutting-edge healthcare business news from nine Midwest states. It is edited by Duncan Moore, a veteran of Modern Healthcare, Bloomberg News and the Kansas City Star who also worked for many years as a healthcare consultant for McKinsey & Co.
“Duncan’s extensive experience covering the healthcare industry is an enormous asset to Payers & Providers. I am extraordinarily pleased to have him leading our editorial efforts in perhaps healthcare’s most important market,” said publisher Ron Shinkman.
A complimentary copy of the current edition is available by visiting www.payersandproviders.com and clicking on the “Sample Issue” section.
Annual paid subscriptions to the Midwest edition of Payers & Providers are $99. They include the following benefits:
- The current issue delivered weekly via e-mail
- Exclusive access to an online archive of past Midwest editions
- A copy at no additional cost of all Payers and Providers Midwest quarterly white papers (typically valued at $149 per edition). The first white paper, a survey of non-profit hospital CEO compensation in the Midwest, will be released in the second quarter of 2011.
- 50% discount on registrations on select Payers & Providers co-sponsored healthcare Web Summit events
- Complimentary electronic subscription to the Payers & Providers national edition (a $99 value)
- Subscription orders and additional information may be found online at: https://www.managedcarestore.com/pandp/p&pmwedition.htm
KEYWORDS: United States North America California Minnesota
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Public Policy/Government Healthcare Reform Professional Services Insurance Communications Publishing General Health Managed Care