Patients with Long-term Conditions to Benefit from More Efficient, Highly Personalised Care
SEATTLE and CAMBERLEY, England, Aug. 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Numera, a pioneer in affordable health coaching technologies and services, has been chosen as one of the main suppliers for UK-based telehealth service Appello. The innovative nurse-led service helps to better manage care and improve outcomes for those living with long-term health conditions. Numera will provide its Numera|NET system to collect timely and objective health measurements directly from a service user's monitoring devices and securely transmit the information to Appello's care management applications.
Appello's goal is to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of care by helping to reduce unnecessary hospital visits and focus professional resources on people with the greatest need. The innovative "pay-as-you-use" services are designed for patient convenience, while saving both time and money.
"Over 15.4 million people in England are affected by chronic conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, hypertension and COPD. By providing these intensive users of healthcare with self-management and health coaching resources, we will help to significantly improve their quality of life, as well as reduce the cost for providing ongoing care," said Carl Atkey, Head of telecare monitoring service CarelineUK, another Appello affiliate. "Numera supports our client-oriented service with a proven technology that is simple to use and offers those responsible for care, invaluable access to critical information for personalised support".
In addition to Numera and CarelineUK, the Appello alliance includes Assistive Care Record provider CentriHealth and Volt Delta, provider of control center infrastructure.
"We're very excited to be working with Appello on a service that will truly make a difference in the accessibility, quality and cost of care across the UK," remarked Tim Smokoff, CEO of Numera. "This project is another example of the value found in our 'open systems' approach to technology, enabling dozens of health monitoring devices to stream vital information to virtually any care management application or system. We've seen how patients become more engaged and compliant with treatment plans when working in collaboration with well-informed, proactive care teams. Appello is perfectly aligned with Numera and our core mission—measurably better health for everyone through easily accessible and information-rich services," he added.
Appello (www.appello.co.uk) is a new way of supporting individuals to manage their long-term conditions such as diabetes, asthma, heart disease, hypertension and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) focusing on the service and not the technology. Appello is provided through an alliance of:
- Telecare monitoring service provider CarelineUK, which has 20 years' experience in the social care market. CarelineUK will be providing full service delivery, teletriage and nursing support. CarelineUK is one of the UK's leading TSA accredited telecare monitoring centres with over 90,000 customers.
- Assistive Health Record provider CentriHealth, which has over 750,000 individual health records on its global database.
- Control centre infrastructure supplier Volt Delta, provider of the platform used for UK emergency services.
- Numera Health, international supplier of telehealth home hubs and support services used for transmitting an individual's objective health information to the Appello service partners.
Numera (www.numerahealth.com) provides healthcare companies, government agencies and consumers with affordable health coaching and telehealth solutions for care management and general wellness programs. The company's Numera|NET "open system" approach offers customers the ability to:
- Capture, analyse and transmit health measurements from the broadest selection of consumer health devices in the industry
- Provide convenient upload access through a wide range of secure connectivity gateways, including personal computers, mobile devices and multi-purpose home hubs
- Integrate the information into virtually any electronic health record (EMR, PHR, EHR)
- Apply robust rules and alerting capability to make the health information more actionable
The company supports Numera|NET products with a full set of Numera|ENGAGE professional applications and services globally in over 40 integrated delivery networks (IDN), hospitals, payer-sponsored and corporate wellness programs, and other care environments. In addition to custom integration capabilities, Numera has alliances and partnerships with leading EMR companies, managed care organizations, IDN's, and pharmacy distribution providers. These include the NHS, Fold, Epic, WebMD, Appello and others. The company offers a portfolio of training, maintenance, and support services related to its products and services. Numera is a member of the Synergenics consortium of companies (www.synergenics.net) and is headquartered in Seattle, WA, with corporate offices in Camberley, UK, Sunnyvale, CA & Orlando, FL. For more information, please visit Numera at www.numerahealth.com.