Launches 20 LPNs into Workforce to Meet Demand for Nurses and Stimulate Local Economy
WHAT: NewCourtland, a leading non-profit provider of community services, housing, a nursing home, education and workforce development in service of seniors in Philadelphia, is filling a critical need in the healthcare industry with the graduation of the inaugural class of LPNs at NewCourtland School of Practical Nursing while stimulating the local economy as the average salary of LPNs is $40,110 per year.
Identified as a high-growth industry by the Department of Labor, the long-term care sector of the healthcare industry represents 4.5 million workers nationally and is expected to expand dramatically as the nation's 60 and older population doubles.
WHEN: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 12-2 p.m.
WHERE: NewCourtland Education Center, 6950 Germantown Avenue, Philadelphia, PA
INTERVIEW & PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES:
- Gail Kass, President & CEO, NewCourtland
- Kathie Brogan, MSN, MSHEd, RN, President, NewCourtland Education Center and Chief Nursing Officer, NewCourtland
- Anna Marshalick, RN, MSN, Executive Director, NewCourtland Education Center
- Janet Kane, RN, MSN, Director of Nursing, NewCourtland School of Practical Nursing
- M. Elaine Tagliareni, EdD, RN, CNE, FAAN, Chief Program Officer, National League for Nursing
- 20 proud graduates of the inaugural class, their friends and family
About NewCourtland School of Practical Nursing
Part of the NewCourtland Network, NewCourtland School of Practical Nursing operates with a mission to educate, empower, challenge and support its students as they expand their knowledge in the field of practical nursing, prepare for licensure, employment and service to the community. Visit www.newcourtlandpnschool.org or call 215-951-4212 for more information.
The NewCourtland Network carries out its healing mission for Philadelphia's seniors by meeting their individual and changing needs. We honor the staff that work with them and support them by providing training, education and career advancement. For more information visit www.newcourtland.org or call 1-888-530-4913 and Discover the Many Ways NewCourtland is Defining the Future of Senior Services.
CONTACT: Angela Brown, 215-965-2386 (office)/856-905-9885 (cell), [email protected]
/PRNewswire-USNewswire -- July 27, 2011/
SOURCE NewCourtland School of Practical Nursing