WASHINGTON, March 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- At a glance:
- The Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International, the world's largest organization of public safety communications professionals, has added Morgan Wright, Vice President, Global Public Safety Segment at Alcatel-Lucent as a new member of its Broadband Committee.
- The APCO International Broadband Committee was formed on January 26, 2011. The committee's primary function is to review public safety broadband applications in use today and make solid recommendations to meet the ever changing need for mobile data and the future need for mission-critical voice capabilities.
- Alcatel-Lucent is the first infrastructure provider to become a member of the APCO International Broadband Committee.
- Alcatel-Lucent is also a member of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Public Safety Advisory Committee (PSAC) represented by the distinguished Dr. Ken Budka, Senior Director for Advanced Mission Critical Communications at our Bell Labs. [Read FCC Public Notice released February 2, 2011]
- Wright brings a great depth of expertise in the field of Public Safety. In his role of Vice President, Global Public Safety Segment, LTE Solutions at Alcatel-Lucent, he is responsible for driving and accelerating Alcatel-Lucent's end-to-end solutions business into the Public Safety market. He has 17 years of state and local law enforcement experience, including work in the justice and intelligence community.
- Wright is also a member of the Board of Directors at the Integrated Justice Information Systems Institute, a non-profit organization dedicated to solutions in justice and public safety.
APCO President, William D Carrow
"APCO is pleased to welcome Morgan Wright to its Broadband Committee," said APCO President, Bill Carrow. "He will leverage Alcatel-Lucent's leadership and expertise in designing and deploying LTE solutions to help the committee address current and future issues of broadband use as it relates to public safety." APCO has worked with Morgan in his role within IJIS, and we look forward to working even closer with him on the broadband committee.
Morgan Wright, Vice President, Global Public Safety Segment at Alcatel-Lucent.
"It is a great honor to become a member of the APCO International Broadband Committee. This latest distinction is further recognition of Alcatel-Lucent's LTE leadership and expertise and innovation in designing and deploying LTE solutions for public safety. Alcatel-Lucent is deeply committed to providing the best technology in support of the public safety mission."
About APCO International
APCO International is the world's largest organization of public safety communications professionals. It serves the needs of public safety communications practitioners worldwide -- and the welfare of the general public as a whole -- by providing complete expertise, professional development, technical assistance, advocacy and outreach. www.apcointl.org
About Alcatel-Lucent's market-leading end-to-end LTE solution
Having been selected so far by twelve customers for commercial deployments, including by the two largest US service providers and being involved in more than 60 customer trials, Alcatel-Lucent has established a strong leadership position in Long Term Evolution (LTE).
Our contracts for commercial deployments include wins with Verizon Wireless and AT&T in the US and span different regions of the world: US, EMEA and LATAM.
More information about Alcatel-Lucent in LTE: www.alcatel-lucent.com/lte
About Alcatel-Lucent LTE Solution for Public Safety:
Alcatel-Lucent is delivering a comprehensive end-to-end LTE solution that enriches public safety communications by complementing narrowband with mobile broadband networks.
Alcatel-Lucent is the end-to-end LTE solution partner to Public Safety with the industry's most comprehensive offer:
- Unmatched combination of coverage and frequency optimization enhancing field operations while minimizing cost
- Leverages LTE standards and ecosystem for economies of scale with specific adaptation for public safety
- Interoperable, secure communications across voice and data applications with integrated security and network administration
More information about Alcatel-Lucent LTE Solution for Public Safety: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/publicsafety