Sustained Record Growth Reflected In HIMSS Market Leadership, Expanded Partnerships and Swift Adoption of New Healthcare IT Security Solutions
LEXINGTON, Mass., Aug. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Imprivata®, the leader in secure access and collaboration for healthcare, today announced record first half growth with a 45 percent year-over-year increase worldwide. During the first six months of 2012, Imprivata added 105 new healthcare customers, further supporting the company's number one Single Sign-On (SSO) market share leadership position in U.S. acute care hospitals since the start of 2012*. As the transformation to digital, portable health records accelerates, so does the need for large-scale roll-outs of secure access solutions. This presents significant future growth opportunities in the market.
*According to the HIMSS Analytics database (and verified by HIMSS Analytics executives), Imprivata's share (25.3 percent) of the 2,078 U.S. acute care hospitals with purchased SSO products as of August 8, 2012, was greater than any other vendor in this market. This is a position the company has maintained throughout 2012.
New customers added this year include Blue Care in Australia, Klinikum-Wels in Austria, South Eastern Health & Social Care Trust of Northern Ireland, The Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust, The Nemours Foundation, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center and University of California-Irvine Medical Center.
Specific drivers for Imprivata's record first half 2012 growth include:
- Healthcare Reform: Imprivata OneSign is playing a significant role in speeding Electronic Health Records (EHRs) adoption, and is a requisite component for facilities to meet Meaningful Use deadlines.
- Mobility: The rise of desktop virtualization, Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and collaboration over portable data is creating strong demand for secure, auditable access at any end point.
- Impact of new partnerships: Imprivata's Healthland partnership, announced in February, has already driven 15 new deals – 10 of which are competitive replacements.
- Strong Partner Performance: Revenue coming through CDW, Cerner, Forward Advantage, Siemens and other partners continued to grow in the first half of 2012.
- Imprivata Developer Program: Imprivata's ProveID APIs have become the defacto standard for integrating secure No Click Access™ into applications, medical devices, services and non-Windows endpoints, including Linux, thin and zero client devices.
- Expansion in Europe and AsiaPac: Recent investments in mainland Europe and Australia have resulted in 15 new customers in the first half of 2012, while growth in the United Kingdom has exceeded 100 NHS Trusts, including the whole of NHS Scotland.
In addition to marked customer expansion and success, other Imprivata milestones during the first half of 2012 included organizational developments, notable industry recognition, and new products and partnerships. Among the highlights are the following:
- More than 20 percent employee growth, targeting an additional 25 percent growth by year-end
- Introduction of Cortext, a free HIPAA compliant text messaging solution
- Expanded international business in Australia, France and Germany
- Addition of key new hires, including Mark Clark, Vice President of International Sales, based in the UK; and John Milton, Vice President and General Counsel, based in Lexington, Mass.
- Score of 88.4 in the KLAS "2012 Mid-Term Performance Review: Software & Services" report
- Recipient of the Frost & Sullivan 2012 North American Customer Value Enhancement Award For Speeding Adoption of Electronic Medical Records
"Automation is the key to resolving the healthcare crisis," said Omar Hussain, Imprivata President and CEO. "Our growth parallels the digital revolution in healthcare as we continue to enable providers to securely access and collaborate around electronic health information, regardless of location or device being used. We clearly see our market share continuing to strengthen, particularly as data becomes more portable and users become more mobile."
Providing an educational platform for its growing user base, Imprivata will host the First Annual Imprivata HealthCon 2012 User Conference, November 6–8 at the Hyatt Regency in Boston. The two-day event features more than 30 sessions hosted by Imprivata product experts and customers. To learn more about HealthCon and to register to attend, please visit www.imprivatahealthcon.com.
To learn more about Imprivata, please visit www.imprivata.com.
With more than 2 million users and 900 healthcare customers, Imprivata is the #1 provider of secure access solutions for healthcare, government, finance and other regulated industries. By strengthening user authentication, streamlining application access and simplifying reporting across multiple computing environments, customers realize improved workflows, increased security and compliance with government regulations.
Imprivata has received numerous product awards and top review ratings from leading industry publications and analysts, including the Frost & Sullivan 2012 NA Customer Value Enhancement Award for healthcare IT, a Strong Positive rating in Gartner's 2011 Marketscope for ESSO, the #1 ranking in the KLAS SSO Performance report and the #1 rating in 2010 Best in KLAS and Category Leaders report. Headquartered in Lexington, Mass., Imprivata partners with over 200 resellers, and serves the access security and collaboration needs of customers around the world. For more information, please visit www.imprivata.com or follow us on Twitter at @Imprivata.
All Imprivata products are trademarks of Imprivata, Inc. in the USA and other countries. All other product or company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.