SAN DIEGO, July 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Globaltel Media, the first company to provide enriched, managed text communication solutions that can reach over 3.6 billion mobile phones globally, today announced new capabilities in its Alirti(TM) product that enable the delivery of full video content via SMS text messaging to video capable wireless devices without paying high-cost carrier premiums.
Alirti Video Capabilities:
- Building on Alirti's ability to send images and audio files as SMS text messages, Globaltel Media has enabled the delivery of video from online computers to any video capable mobile device.
- Most mobile video delivery services must render video content according to the device type, operating system, application suite, data plan and screen size of the mobile handset. Because Alirti videos and any Globaltel Media-hosted electronic content are sent as embedded URL links in an SMS text message, rendering is performed automatically by the wireless carrier when accessing the electronic content.
- Alirti videos are received by mobile devices as a standard text charge for SMS messages, not as Premium SMS that often costs a minimum of $1.99 regardless of whether the subscriber has an unlimited text plan.
- Alirti makes video content viral because the mobile user can forward the Alirti text video link to colleagues, friends and family.
- All Globaltel Media applications are fully compliant with the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) and certified on all US cellular carriers.
- Globaltel Media does not charge any set-up or maintenance fees to use the Alirti system. Resellers enter into a bulk messaging agreement so mobile users are not charged for the service other than as a standard text message.
- Alirti videos may be viewed on any WAP-enabled or Internet-enabled mobile device that supports standard video formats such as MP4.
Supporting Industry Facts:
- Portio Research reports that SMS texting generated revenues of $89 billion, and the world saw traffic of nearly 3.5 trillion SMS messages in 2008. It reports that SMS text will remain the most dominant mobile messaging format for the next decade.
- According to Portio, the mobile messaging market is expected bring in $130 billion in revenues by the end of 2009, and it estimates this figure will climb to $224 billion by 2013.
- Industry analyst Chetan Sharma reports that in the first quarter of 2009, revenue from mobile data services in the United States hit $10 billion, making it the first country to reach that mark.
- According to Nielsen Mobile, text messages have surpassed voice calls, reporting that during the second quarter of 2008, a typical U.S. mobile subscriber placed or received 204 phone calls per month. In comparison, the average mobile customer sent or received 357 text messages per month.
- Alirti Demos: http://www.globaltelmedia.com/alirtidemo.htm
- Sample Healthcare Video: text POSTOP to short code 53137 (*- device must have video playing capabilities)
- Sample Kids Animated Video: send text with IGOR to 53137 (*- device must have video playing capabilities)
Robert Sanchez, CEO at Globaltel Media said:
"Our patent-pending ability to send rich video content as a text message opens up endless uses, from entertainment to marketing and customer relations, to healthcare and emergency response applications. We provide a cost-effective and reliable way to deliver instructional, entertaining or even life-saving video content to targeted mobile recipients, and then engage in interactive dialog."
Dr. David Flood, M.D., orthopedic surgeon said:
"In my line of work, post-op care is crucial to patient recovery, and the Alirti technology enables me to provide my patients with the appropriate rehabilitation information in video format at any time. It is a great convenience and time saver to be able to provide clear instructions and examples as video directly to my patients' mobile phones. The interactive nature of the Globaltel system also enables me to dialog with my colleagues via text messages for urgent consultation while away from the office."
About Globaltel Media
Globaltel Media is the first company to provide true two-way text dialog with rich media from any PC to any mobile phone and back regardless of the wireless technology, wireless operator or wireless device. Globaltel Media connects online users with any mobile device regardless of location, technology, device type or cellular provider. Globaltel Media addresses the needs of customers across a range of vertical markets including healthcare, entertainment, education, government, law enforcement and emergency communications. The company has its headquarters in San Diego, CA. For more information, visit www.globaltelmedia.com.