Hospitals across the United States Adopt Medicity Technology to Facilitate Care Collaboration among Providers
SALT LAKE CITY--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Medicity – the standard for health information exchange (HIE) solutions nationwide – has secured contractual commitments to power HIE for 12 additional hospitals across five health systems in the Southeastern United States, Pennsylvania and Oregon.
The following health systems will deploy Medicity technology to facilitate care collaboration between themselves and affiliated physician practices:
- Baptist Health South Florida – Baptist Health is the largest not-for-profit healthcare organization in South Florida, consisting of eight hospitals
- Lancaster General Hospital - Lancaster General Health is a single-hospital health system with sub-acute and multiple outpatient facilities serving the Lancaster, Pa., area.
- North Fulton Hospital – North Fulton Hospital, part of Tenet Georgia, is a 202-bed, acute-care hospital located in Roswell, Ga.
- Sky Lakes Medical Center – Sky Lakes Medical Center is a regional healthcare center serving south-central Oregon.
- West Georgia Health – Based in LaGrange, Ga., West Georgia Health is the premier health care provider for the West Georgia and East Alabama communities.
Medicity’s HIE platform enables hospitals to quickly and efficiently automate core healthcare transactions such as results, reports and orders. Data, including laboratory results, radiology reports, pathology reports, face sheets and transcribed documents, is sent from the hospital and integrated directly into physicians’ electronic health records (EHRs) and practice management systems. For those providers without EHRs, the same information is accessible via any web-enabled device.
“With Medicity technology, hospitals use a single platform to conduct the secure exchange of patient information with EHR-based offices while still offering a solution for physicians in paper-based practices that have yet to adopt EHRs,” explains Kipp Lassetter, M.D., Medicity’s CEO. “As those physicians adopt EHRs over the next several years, Medicity can transition them easily to exchanging data directly from any EHR they choose.”
Medicity, the industry standard for health information exchange (HIE), is the leading innovator and largest provider of HIE technology – with more than 700 hospitals and 250,000 physicians in its connected ecosystem. Medicity’s solutions empower hospitals, physicians and HIEs with secure access to and exchange of health information – improving the quality and efficiency of patient care locally, regionally and nationally. For more information, please visit www.medicity.com or follow us at twitter.com/Medicity.
KEYWORDS: United States North America Utah
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Technology Data Management Internet Networks Software Health Hospitals General Health