Fifth consecutive year of 100 percent revenue growth fueled by increased healthcare privacy regulation, growing customer base and thought leadership contributions to the marketplace
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- FairWarning, Inc., the world’s leading supplier of cross-platform healthcare privacy auditing solutions for Electronic Health Records, today announced important industry privacy breach detection milestones.
In 2010, FairWarning® reached key milestones in the privacy breach detection category. This privacy and security category was spearheaded and shaped by FairWarning® in an effort to assist healthcare organizations to proactively and systematically audit access to EHRs. Continued company growth and market education were key initiatives for 2010. Milestones achieved include:
- 100 percent revenue growth for the fifth consecutive year, 3,607 percent revenue growth in the five year period 2006 through 2010. The company has been profitable every year since 2008
- Over 100 major healthcare providers now rely on FairWarning® for privacy breach monitoring and protection. In Q4 2010, 18 new enterprise healthcare customers joined the FairWarning® customer family bringing the total to 106 active enterprises which represent 450 hospitals and 2,100 clinics across the United States, Canada and United Kingdom
- KLAS initiated coverage of privacy breach detection in 2010. Learn more at www.klasresearch.com or by viewing the corresponding FairWarning® press release, http://www.fairwarningaudit.com/documents/2011-KLAS-RESEARCH-PR-FAIRWARNING.pdf. FairWarning® has received the “full disclosure” vendor transparency ranking reflecting full commitment toward 100 % customer satisfaction
- More than 200 behavior-based privacy breach analytics are now available with FairWarning® solutions. This is the largest library of its kind. The breach analytics were designed in cooperation with healthcare customers to detect and protect against patient privacy breaches ranging from curiosity based snooping as seen in the media, to life-altering cases involving fraud, identity theft, criminal activities and abuses of all kinds
- FairWarning® has production customers auditing well over one-hundred (100) different healthcare applications including those from AGFA, Allscripts, Cerner, CGI, Eclipsys, Epic, GE, InterSystems, iSoft, McKesson, MEDITECH, NextGen and Siemens
- In 2010, the company released the FairWarning® Patient Privacy Framework, a first of its kind, thought-leading series of open copyright guides released to encourage wide-scale privacy breach detection. The Patient Privacy Framework provides technical and business process blueprints and examples of best practices. These guides are now in wide-scale use with customers, service partners, information security and electronic health record vendors. The FairWarning® Patient Privacy Framework guides consist of the following:
- Patient Privacy Data Definition Guide
- Patient Privacy in Enterprise Security Data Definition Guide
- Implementation Toolkit for Privacy Breach Detection
- The guides can by requested online at: http://www.fairwarningaudit.com/GuideRequest.asp
- FairWarning® released the industry’s first “Privacy Breach Findings and Best Practices Report” for misuse of access to EHRs. The report received coverage in Information Week, Info Security, Fortune and many other industry periodicals. More information can be found at: http://www.fairwarningaudit.com/documents/2010-FAIRWARNING-FINDINGS-REPORT.pdf
- FairWarning®’s Executive Webinar Series was attended by thousands of healthcare professionals in 2010, the webinars and companion white papers and tools were downloaded nearly 100,000 times. During 2010 thought-leading featured speakers included:
- Mac McMillan, Chair of HIMSS Privacy and Security and CEO of CynergisTek
- Randy Gainer of Davis Wright Tremaine / HHS and Providence Health Settlement
- Deven McGraw, Director, Health Privacy Project, Center for Democracy and Technology
- John Houston, UPMC VP, Information Security and Privacy and Assistant Counsel
- Debe Gash VP, and CIO of Saint Luke’s Health System
- Christopher Paidhrin, Security and Compliance Officer for Southwest Washington
- Other FairWarning® privacy breach detection customers
- The United States’ leading healthcare IT company, McKesson Corporation, introduced its resale program for FairWarning® privacy detection solutions and now offers certified services toward deployments for McKesson customers. For more information see: http://www.fairwarningaudit.com/documents/2010-SAINT-LUKES-MCKESSON-WEBINAR.pdf
- FairWarning® partnered with the world’s leading information security companies. Each of the following company’s security information and event management (SIEM) products has been formally certified as “FairWarning® Ready”: ArcSight (an HP company), EMC-RSA, NetForensics, NitroSecurity, Novell, and Symantec
- In response to United Kingdom and continental Europe demand for privacy breach detection, FairWarning® established sales and support offices in London, England and Paris, France
- More than 25 resellers now offer FairWarning® privacy breach detection solutions across the United States, Canada, United Kingdom and Europe
COMPLIMENTARY WEBINAR ON JANUARY 20th, 2011. Learn more about how FairWarning® customers protect patient privacy and comply with healthcare privacy regulation by registering for the FairWarning® Webinar on January 20th, 2011 titled "HITECH and HIPAA Compliance: Higher Availability Privacy Auditing", featuring Randy Yates, Director of Security for Memorial Hermann Health System, the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Texas.
Legal risks from patient privacy incidents, rapidly increasing healthcare regulatory oversight both domestically and abroad, and FairWarning®’s rapid-to-deploy, best-of-class solution are all key factors driving customer adoption. Recent increased healthcare regulatory oversight include: ARRA HITECH, California SB 541 & AB 211, U.K. Caldicott Guardian Rules, Canadian Healthcare Province legislation as well as the first unannounced U.S. HIPAA audits.
About FairWarning, Inc.
FairWarning® is a global leader in appliance-based software solutions which monitor and protect patient privacy in electronic health records enabling healthcare providers and health information exchanges to confidentially connect physicians, clinics, patients and affiliates. FairWarning®’s turn-key privacy auditing solutions are compatible with healthcare applications from every major vendor including Allscripts, Cerner, Epic, GE, McKesson, MEDITECH, Siemens, and many others. Customers consider FairWarning® privacy auditing solutions essential for compliance with healthcare privacy regulations such as ARRA HITECH privacy and meaningful use criteria, HIPAA, EU Data Protection, UK Freedom of Information Act, California SB 541 and AB 211, and Canadian provincial healthcare privacy law. For more information on FairWarning® visit www.FairWarningAudit.com or email [email protected].
Sadie Peterson, 727-576-6700 x119
KEYWORDS: United States North America California Florida
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Technology Data Management Internet Networks Software Other Technology Security Practice Management Health Hospitals Other Health General Health Managed Care