FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Event - "Changes and Challenges: The Next Chapter in the Health Reform Debate"
The American Action Forum will host an event on Tuesday, November 30th at 9:30AM (EST) to discuss how the new political landscape will impact the healthcare law moving forward at both the state and federal level.
WHAT: The American Action Forum will host an event to discuss "Challenges and Changes: The Next Chapter in the Health Reform Debate". The event is co-sponsored by the Galen Institute and the Institute for Policy Innovation (IPI).
- The Honorable David Camp, U.S. Representative (MI-4)
- The Honorable Michael Burgess, M.D., U.S. Representative (TX-26)
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin, President of the American Action Forum
- Grace-Marie Turner, President of the Galen Institute
- Joseph Antos, Scholar in Healthcare and Retirement Policy at AEI
- Nina Owcharenko, Director of Health Policy at the Galen Institute
- The Honorable Ron Wyden, U.S. Senator from Oregon
- Merrill Matthews, Resident Scholar at the Institute for Policy Innovation (IPI)
- State Senator Daniel Liljenquist,Utah State Senate
- State House Majority Leader Amy Stephens,Colorado General Assembly
- Christie Herrera,Director of the Health and Human Services Task Force for the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC)
WHEN: Tuesday, November 30 at 9:30 am. (EST)
WHERE: The Grand Hyatt Hotel (1000 H Street Northwest Washington, DC 20001)
CONTACT: Press should RSVP with Jim Landry at [email protected] or (202) 706-7050. Jim can also answer any questions or schedule individual interviews with event panelists.
WASHINGTON, D.C.- With a new political landscape in many statehouses and in Congress, what steps can federal and state officials take to address voters' serious concerns about the sweeping impact of the health overhaul law on deficits, jobs, existing health coverage, and costs? What can legislators do to move toward free-market solutions in health policy? The American Action Forum, the Galen Institute, and the Institute for Policy Innovation will host a forum with leading authorities to discuss plans and ideas to guide elected officials in Washington and state capitals in addressing these and other health policy challenges.