CardScan Image Capture ideal for streamlining patient admissions and interfacing with EHR and other IT systems
ATLANTA, Oct. 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- DYMO® Labeling, part of Newell Rubbermaid's Technology global business unit, is today launching a versatile, high-resolution color scanner designed to streamline workflow and assist healthcare facilities in meeting HIPAA Privacy Rule guidelines for electronic health records (EHR).
DYMO CardScan Image Capture (IC) can be used on its own or interfaced with EHR or practice management software systems. It delivers true, complete color images to help reduce errors, streamline admissions and speed reimbursement. By capturing sensitive patient information (like driver's licenses and insurance cards) easily and securely, and then storing them instantly within a practice's digital records, CardScan IC eliminates the need to make unsecured photocopies of these ID cards and helps to protect the privacy and security of patient records.
"Accurately capturing and safely storing patient and other medical records is a vitally important function for all healthcare facilities, and CardScan IC is a simple yet versatile tool for making this possible," said Curtis Campbell, Senior Brand Manager, DYMO Labeling. "Whether used on its own or integrated into software systems, CardScan IC delivers precise color images that help reduce errors in processing patient information and make EHR management more efficient."
One example of how CardScan IC integrates in to EHR systems is Watertown, MA-based athenahealth, Inc., a leading provider of cloud-based business services for physician practices. athenahealth uses CardScan IC to accurately scan and enter patient identification information into electronic patient records. The CardScan IC is connected to a computer at the patient admissions desk running athenaNet®, the company's web-based client interface software. When a patient presents identification and insurance cards, they are scanned and the data is added to the patient's electronic record file, which is stored securely in athenahealth's cloud-based system.
CardScan IC offers a number of features, including:
- Plug and Play integration with EHR, practice management and other IT systems
- Compact footprint for efficient use of space
- Indicator light that alerts when scanner is ready for use
- Built-in guides to ensure cards feed properly through the scanner
- Two-year limited warranty on hardware; and 30-day money-back guarantee
- Free technical assistance available online or by telephone
For more information about CardScan IC and DYMO Labeling, please visit the DYMO Labeling booth (#1327) at the MGMA Annual Conference in Las Vegas, October 23 through October 25, or visit www.dymo.com/var.
About Newell Rubbermaid Global Business and Technology Solutions
DYMO is the master brand name for the Newell Rubbermaid Global Technology Solutions portfolio. In a world that demands greater productivity and measures it at every opportunity, DYMO provides businesses, educational institutions and consumers with innovative and easy ways to share, manage and organize information with improved efficiency and satisfaction.
Our DYMO global technology brands are organized into four solutions:
- DYMO® / Labeling Identification Solutions include DYMO hand-held label makers, PC connected label and postage printers, plus Industrial labeling tools (www.dymo.com).
- DYMO™ / CardScan® Contact Management Solutions include CardScan business card scanners and contact management software (www.cardscan.com).
- DYMO™ / Endicia® Postage Technologies include Endicia online shipping and mailing services (www.endicia.com), as well as customized postage (www.pictureitpostage.com).
- DYMO™ / Mimio® ITT (Interactive Teaching Technologies) include Mimio interactive whiteboard technology, digital ink recorders, document cameras, student response systems and engaging lesson plan content (www.mimio.com).
These global technology brands complement Newell Rubbermaid's strong portfolio of leading global brands, which also includes Rubbermaid®, Sharpie®, Graco®, Calphalon®, Irwin®, Lenox®, Levolor®, Paper Mate®, Waterman®, Parker®, Goody®, Rubbermaid Commercial Products® and Aprica®.
Lauren Knox, Ketchum, 404-879-9157
SOURCE DYMO Labeling