Top-Ranked Company Expands Enterprise Imaging Installations
SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- DR Systems, the 2011 KLAS® #1 ranked overall PACS vendor, today announced new contracts with four facilities for the company’s Unity™ CVIS (Cardiovascular Information System). The facilities are:
- Twin Cities Community Hospital
- Good Shepherd Medical Center
- HealthCare Partners Medical Group
- St. Luke’s Cornwall Hospital
St. Luke’s Cornwall Hospital is fulfilling its enterprise imaging strategy by replacing its legacy radiology and cardiology solutions with the Unity Enterprise platform that includes Unity CVIS along with Unity RIS and PACS. The other contracts are at institutions that already have the DR Systems Unity RIS/PACS, and are adding Unity CVIS to meet their cardiology department’s needs.
The range of facilities opting for Unity CVIS reflects the flexible nature of this solution. The contracts encompass a community hospital, two larger hospitals, and an extensive multi-facility medical group that serves a large population and geographical area.
Unity CVIS is a true enterprise imaging solution with shared infrastructure among multiple departments. It interfaces with existing clinical, EMR, and HIS solutions, and easily integrates into a healthcare provider’s existing storage and network foundations.
About the Healthcare Facilities
- Twin Cities Community Hospital (Templeton, Calif.) has served the residents of California's north San Luis Obispo County and southern Monterey County since 1977. A rapidly expanding institution, the hospital has grown from 84 beds and 300-plus employees to 122 beds and more than 530 employees in the past five years alone. www.twincitieshospital.com
- Good Shepherd Medical Center (Longview, Tex.) has served as Longview’s community hospital since its founding in 1935. It is also the community’s largest employer, with a staff of more than 2,400. Currently, Good Shepherd has 425 licensed beds and is a Level II Trauma Center and regional referral center for specialized care in cardiology, neurology, pulmonology, urology, gastroenterology, rehabilitation, and emergency services. www.gsmc.org
- HealthCare Partners Medical Group (Torrance, Calif.) cares for nearly 580,000 managed care patients and hundreds of thousands of fee-for-service and PPO patients in the areas of Los Angeles, Long Beach, South Bay, Pasadena/San Gabriel Valley, San Fernando and Santa Clarita Valleys, and Orange County. In addition to primary care doctors’ offices, HealthCare Partners provides medical services through urgent care and ambulatory surgery centers. It has been named a top-performer for eight years in a row by the Integrated Healthcare Association (IHA). www.healthcarepartners.com
- St. Luke’s Cornwall Hospital (Newburgh, N.Y.) is a not-for-profit hospital created from a 2002 merger of St. Luke’s Hospital and The Cornwall Hospital. Each year, the organization cares for more than 270,000 patients from around the Hudson Valley. The 242-bed Newburgh campus was founded in 1874. www.stlukescornwallhospital.org
Utilizing open standards and technology, DR Systems’ CVIS solution bolsters the Unity Enterprise solution with a set of workflow efficiency-related features for cardiology departments, including numerous options for multi-modality image review and reporting.
For instance, Unity CVIS’ patient-centric application enables both cardiologists and administrators to access patient information and images from multiple departments and data sources via one common platform and database. The enterprise-wide, single platform and database solution provides users with improved access to data, while also improving patient care, patient safety, and departmental efficiency.
KLAS® recognized DR Systems as the leading PACS vendor and product in its 2011 Top 20: Best in KLAS Awards: Software & Services report published in December 2011. Technology attributes highlighted in the report included intuitive design of the user interface, depth of functionality, and ease of use.
About DR Systems, Inc.
DR Systems is the leading independent provider of enterprise imaging and information management systems for integrated healthcare networks, hospitals, and diagnostic imaging centers. Over two decades, the company has helped more than 600 hospitals and imaging centers lower their cost of operation by improving management of patient information, eliminating ancillary IT systems and interfaces, and increasing workflow speed, while also providing better clinical quality and patient care.
For more information, call 800-794-5955 or visit www.drsys.com.
KEYWORDS: United States North America California
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Technology Data Management Internet Networks Software Health Hospitals Radiology General Health