DecisionView StudyOptimizer 4.4 Enables Clinical Trial Organizations To Easily Create and Compare Enrollment Scenarios With Different Timelines and Costs
SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- DecisionView Inc., a leading provider of software solutions to optimize clinical trial enrollment for life sciences companies, today announced the release of StudyOptimizer 4.4, the latest version of the company's flagship solution for patient enrollment planning, tracking and forecasting.
With new customer-driven features focused on cost modeling and visibility, the latest innovations in StudyOptimizer enable pharmaceutical companies to easily optimize the time and cost tradeoffs for their clinical trial enrollment plans. In addition, when studies go off track, these new features make it easy to model and estimate the cost of various rescue scenarios.
"In planning clinical trials, patient recruitment and enrollment is a major potential source of delays," said Alan Louie, Research Director at IDC Health Insights. "With as much as 50 percent of trial project plans requiring rescue and rework, the cost of inefficiency can be high."
By enabling clinical trial organizations to model and compare enrollment plans that trade off cost and timeline impacts, StudyOptimizer 4.4 provides a critical tool for optimizing clinical trials and bringing down drug development costs. The new release delivers the following compelling capabilities:
Trial Cost Modeling
- Enhanced Cost Planning - StudyOptimizer 4.4 enables study planners to define enrollment and rescue scenarios using different cost and timeline assumptions, then easily compare these plans at the overall study and country level.
- Improved Cost Tracking – StudyOptimizer 4.4 allows sponsors to track accrued and projected costs based on study progress. In addition, the new release keeps a complete audit trail and historical record of all cost changes within a study plan, so that organizations can assess why and when costs were updated, and to help inform future plan budgets for similar studies.
- Modeling Cost Adjustments – StudyOptimizer 4.4 provides an improved ability to capture and model one-time or interval-based expenses, as well as incremental screening and treatment costs incurred over the duration of the study.
Additional Customer-Driven Enhancements
- Improved Support for Adaptive Trials – StudyOptimizer 4.4 adds the ability to model "interim analyses," to determine their effect on plans and projections.
- Improved Investigator Scorecards – StudyOptimizer 4.4 makes it easier to identify outstanding investigator performance through Gold Star scoring.
DecisionView develops innovative web-based software solutions that enable life sciences organizations around the world to improve clinical trial performance. DecisionView's flagship solution, StudyOptimizer, is a web-based solution that helps clinical trial organizations plan, forecast and track patient enrollment. DecisionView Enrollment Benchmarks aggregate cross-industry performance data from clinical trials that have completed enrollment, providing insight to enable more realistic planning and forecasting. DecisionView products are used by 8 of the top 10 global pharmaceutical companies, and have been used on over 1,250 clinical studies with over 450,000 subjects enrolled in 17 different therapeutic areas across 91 different countries. Investors in the company include Granite Ventures and Aeris Capital. For additional information about DecisionView, go to http://www.decisionview.com or call 415-538-1800.
North 6th Agency, Inc.
SOURCE DecisionView Inc.