New EMR created by front-line caregivers for real-world use.
NASHVILLE, Tenn., May 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- In the race for electronic medical record adoption, too many healthcare providers are discovering that while their new EMR products may have met certification deadlines, they fall short in other critical ways, making unrealistic demands on clinicians' skills and patience. Custom Software Systems, Inc., of Nashville, TN, is pleased to announce the solution to that problem with the introduction of ChartSmart emr®, an easy-to-use, high-performing electronic medical record that has been 2011/2012 ONC-ATCB Certified by Drummond Group (DGI).
"With ChartSmart, we went beyond what looked good on paper," said DeWitt Rhaly, Custom Software President, in making the announcement. "We wanted a real-world solution that 'clicked' with caregivers and truly delivered on the promise of EMR."
- A certified product: Certification is a key step in meeting Meaningful Use standards to qualify for the federal stimulus funds available through ARRA (American Recovery and Reinvestment Act). On March 31, 2011, ChartSmart was given Complete Inpatient EHR certification that is 2011/2012 compliant by Drummond Group, an ONC-ATCB, in accordance with the applicable certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of Health and Human Services.*
- True ease of use: Training takes a matter of hours.
- Greater speed, more time for patients: Pilot studies have shown that ChartSmart can save at least 10 to 20 minutes per nurse, per shift.
- Complete customization: An un-customized EMR can tend to overwhelm caregivers with unnecessary alerts and pull-downs, which in turn tax clinicians' concentration and ultimately result in less alert care. ChartSmart is customized to individual hospital needs.
- Better patient outcomes: With customization and features like clinical decision support, ChartSmart helps guide caregivers to more accurate care decisions, and ultimately, better patient outcomes.
- Web-based flexibility.
- Real value: As evidenced by cost comparisons.
At last, an EMR that really clicks. "We call it ChartSmart because it 'thinks' like clinicians, with a logical workflow," noted Rhaly. "Flow makes all the difference. And ChartSmart is super simple. It clicks with clinicians because it really is as easy as a click."
While ChartSmart is not the first EMR solution to emerge in the marketplace, Rhaly said, "This is the product that healthcare providers have wanted and needed.
"The best is here at last."
About Custom Software:
Custom Software Systems, the Nashville-based provider of IT solutions for the health care industry for more than 25 years, offers a complete range of solutions, including financials; laboratory and clinical management; electronic medical records (EMR); document management; and a browser-based digital image viewer (PACS). For more information, go to www.chartsmartemr.com
About Drummond Group
Drummond Group Inc., the trusted software test lab, provides effective and efficient electronic health record (EHR) testing to healthcare information technology vendors and hospitals. As an Office of the National Coordinator Authorized Testing and Certification Body (ONC-ATCB), Drummond Group works closely with healthcare software vendors and hospitals to certify EHRs that are looking to qualify for incentive funds under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA). Drummond Group is approved to certify both complete and modular EHR for both ambulatory and inpatient. For more information, go to www.drummondgroup.com.
*ChartSmart's certification number is 03312011-1035-6. ONC-ATCB certification does not represent an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services or guarantee the receipt of incentive payments. Clinical Quality Measures Certified include NQF0371, NQF0372, NQF0373, NQF0374, NQF0375, NQF0376, NQF0435, NQF0436, NQF0437, NQF0438, NQF0439, NQF0440, NQF0441, NQF0495, NQF0497. MIRTH, Connect and MS Excel were relied upon for certification.
SOURCE Custom Software Systems