Braintree, Mass.,- Summit Healthcare, a leader in healthcare system integration and task automation, has partnered with Citizens Memorial Healthcare, a full service acute care hospital located in Bolivar, Missouri. Citizens Memorial runs MEDITECH as its primary healthcare information system and is proud to have reached a Stage 7 EMR Adoption Status. Citizens Memorial IT leadership sees an opportunity to cut costs by maximizing its interface investments now and for the future.
Citizens Memorial Healthcare had been investigating ways to expand integration with clinical systems while still controlling integration costs. CMH came to evaluate the Summit Healthcare interface engine technology as one way to help the organization gain control of its interface environment and automate processes. After careful evaluation, Citizens will be implementing the Summit Healthcare interface engine, Summit Express Connect . Express Connect will enable CMH to lay a foundation to meet their strategic interconnectivity goals by leveraging its existing interfaces. Over time, Citizens will be able to leverage their current interface investments and easily bridge this information to the additional destination systems. With the foundation of the Summit Express Connect interface engine, CMH will also be primed to attain the immediate future goals of cardiac PACS interfacing and the public health reporting, as required for achieving meaningful use and being eligible for ARRA funding.
"As we began our search for an integration partner, we knew we needed to find a company with the tools to assist us with our interface management strategy now and for all future initiatives," said Denni McColm, CIO, Citizens Memorial Healthcare. "We chose Summit Healthcare not only for its proven technology but also because of Summit Healthcare's strong MEDITECH knowledge and experience. We feel confident that by laying the foundation with an interface engine we will quickly be able to also achieve our integration goals."
In addition to the Summit Express Connect interface engine technology, Citizens Memorial Healthcare has also contracted for the Summit Scripting Toolkit, a powerful scripting application which allows users to easily build scripts and interfaces. The Summit Scripting Toolkit will be the automation arm providing CMH with the ability to eliminate redundant tasks while also enabling system integration when HL7 connectivity is not an option.
# # #
About Summit Apex
The Summit Apex integrated product suite provides the MEDITECH industry with a comprehensive toolset for integration and automation needs and has quickly become the standard for streamlining MEDITECH 6.0 migration efforts. From interface management to data migration and dictionary maintenance efforts, the Summit Apex suite includes:
- Summit Express Connect - a robust and powerful interface engine that provides dashboard monitoring & alerting. Seamlessly integrate MEDITECH with other vendor systems.
- Summit Provider Exchange - a scalable, secure solution that facilitates the integration of bi-directional patient data between the hospital and the EMR at the physician office or clinic.
- Summit Scripting Toolkit - a full-featured workflow and task automation tool that also provides the means to extract and parse data, and is often used when conventional (HL7) methods to deliver data are not available.
- Summit InSync - the market leading solution for dictionary maintenance accomplished through a powerful extraction, analysis and update process that ensures dictionaries are synchronized from test to live and across multiple facilities or platforms.
- Summit Downtime Reporting System - ensures continuous access to critical patient data for clinicians at all times, to ensure quality of care and operational continuity in the event of MEDITECH or network downtime.
For our healthcare clients that do not have the resources to develop and manage interfaces internally, Summit Healthcare offers Integration Outsourcing Services as part of a complete integration package.
About Summit Healthcare
Summit Healthcare is the choice of hospitals and providers who want to take full control of their healthcare systems integration and information management requirements.
Since 1999, we have worked to provide the industry with the most flexible integration technology with complimentary tailored services and solutions. Our integrated product line, Summit Apex, provides the MEDITECH industry with a comprehensive toolset for integration and automation needs and has quickly become proven to streamline the MEDITECH 6.0 migration efforts.
Summit Healthcare continues to grow and has over 800 customers in the healthcare market including close partnerships with complementary technology partners, major system integrators and value-added resellers. For more information visit www.summit-healthcare.com or call 781-519-4840.