RIS Worklist can drive third-party PACS or be launched by third-party PACS
SAN DIEGO, Nov. 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- DR Systems will be exhibiting its highly rated and flexible Unity™ v|Series RIS – along with the full complement of modular Unity CVIS, PACS, and Reporting options – at RSNA 2011. The new RIS is both desktop and server virtualization-capable, and can be accessed from pre-existing PACS or RIS workstations plus a wide range of mobile/non-mobile computing devices.
The Unity v|Series RIS is now available for use with any third-party PACS, and employs industry-standard methods for single sign-on and exam synchronization. A multi-site practice can employ a single unified DR Systems Unity v|Series RIS worklist to launch and drive one or more PACS, or can launch the DR Systems Unity v|Series RIS/Reporting system from a third-party PACS.
"This RIS fills a pressing need in radiology," said Murray Reicher, M.D., DR Systems' board chairman and co-founder. "Many institutions are looking to replace a legacy RIS in the most cost-effective way possible, without incurring new costs for workstation hardware. The Unity v|Series RIS enables them to do this with the high level of functionality, value, and customer satisfaction for which DR Systems is known. Thus, a facility may replace a collection of vendors with one unified system and save money from the opening day."
Unity v|Series RIS features include:
- Integrated reporting suite. Comprehensive digital dictation and speech recognition reporting solution. Includes the ability to map data from DICOM structured reports into exam reports, eliminating duplicate data entry and streamlining workflow.
- Patient forms linked to exam types. RIS automatically presents the appropriate forms for the scheduled procedure.
- Peer review. Exceeds ACR and Joint Commission accreditation requirements, ensures continuous quality improvement of patient care, and provides integrated peer review functionality. Includes physician-specific metrics.
- Critical results tracking. Tools for continuously monitoring and improving the timeliness of critical results reporting.
- Mammography reporting/tracking. Supports MQSA workflow and data gathering requirements.
DR Systems will be showing other new and enhanced products at RSNA, including:
- Unity v|Series Z-3D, a zero-download, web-accessible advanced imaging processing feature;
- Unity v|Series ZDA, a zero-download, remote physician viewing software allowing viewing from mobile devices such as smart tablets and smart phones.
- Unity v|Series PACS in a virtualized configuration.
Also at RSNA, DR Systems will also be demonstrating its eHR – Meaningful Use of Medical Imaging EHR. eHR is designed to qualify radiologists for the maximum federal incentive payments available for meaningful use (MU) of electronic health records. In addition, the company will be demonstrating two new features of eMix, its vendor-neutral, cloud-based service for sharing medical imaging studies and reports.
DR Systems will be at Booth #2822 in South Building, Hall A. RSNA 2011 will be held Nov. 27 – Dec. 2 at the McCormick Place Convention Center in Chicago.
About DR Systems, Inc.
DR Systems is the leading independent provider of enterprise imaging and information management systems for integrated healthcare networks, hospitals, and diagnostic imaging centers. For more than 19 years, the company has helped over 600 hospitals and imaging centers lower their cost of operation by improving management of patient information, eliminating ancillary IT systems and interfaces, and increasing workflow speed, while also providing better clinical quality and patient care.
For more information, call 800-794-5955 or visit www.drsys.com.
Copyright© 2009-2011 DR Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. Various DR Systems product modules are protected by one or more of U.S. Patent # 5,452,416; 7,660,488; 7,885,440; 7,787,672; 7,953,614; 7,970,625; 8,019,138; and other patents pending. Specifications are subject to change without notice. DR Systems' eHR Meaningful Use for Medical Imaging EHR is a work-in-progress and is currently not available. Limited availability of medical image viewing for mobile devices and medical image viewing on mobile devices cannot be used for primary diagnostic reading. Other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE DR Systems