Comprehensive, At-a-glance Patient Profiles Analyzed in Real-time
LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The Smart Problem List™ from Anvita Health™, a subsidiary of Humana Inc. (NYSE:HUM), has been selected by Covisint to enhance Covisint’s decision support as a value-add feature for its health information exchange (HIE) data aggregation and care platform. Anvita Health is a San Diego-based software company that has pioneered real-time clinical analytics and decision support. Its sophisticated analytics solutions power population and quality programs for top health plans, pharmacy benefit managers, laboratory companies, and electronic medical records companies.
The Anvita™ Insight engine analyzes all available forms of clinical data for a given patient against thousands of rules to generate the Smart Problem List, an at-a-glance, current medical profile with features to enhance the understanding of a patient’s status.
“The Smart Problem List’s biggest benefit is its ability to generate actionable health intelligence at the point of care to increase positive outcomes,” said David McGuffie, President and COO of Covisint, a Compuware Company. “As risk gets spread across the health care ecosystem, tools like Anvita’s Smart Problem List will be critical to minimizing that risk at every turn. Incorporating the Anvita solution gives Covisint customers more choices for real-time decision support at the point of care as data is received and managed from many sources.”
“The combination of Anvita’s Smart Problem List with Covisint creates a versatile delivery and ACO coordination system with clean data for advanced patient analytics,” said Ahmed Ghouri, M.D., Chief Executive Officer and Chief Medical Officer for Anvita Health. “The real-time aspect of this combined solution delivers relevant and vital intelligence to better inform cost, care deliver and population health.”
Anvita Health’s Smart Problem List is similar to an active problem list but with several distinct advantages:
- Active diagnoses are displayed in priority order, driven by analysis of clinical data against evidence-based guidelines, and corroborated against all available data sources to promote validity.
- Active medications are also displayed with days supplied and quantity dispensed to indicate adherence status.
- Active lab values to bring the patient’s current medical condition into sharper focus.
- Permanent, irreversible procedures identified that are of major clinical importance.
- All available forms of clinical data may be analyzed to generate the most accurate and up to date medical profile. This includes medical and pharmacy claims, electronic health records, lab values and more.
- All clinical data is analyzed in real time to ensure up-to-the-instant accuracy of displayed Smart Problem List elements.
The Covisint HIE solution with Anvita Health’s Smart Problem List is now available through AT&T.
About Anvita Health
Anvita Health, a wholly owned subsidiary of Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM), provides innovative clinical analytics to its customer partners who, combined, cover more than 100 million lives. Anvita Health provides a high-performance clinical analytics engine for health plans, pharmacy benefit managers, disease management companies, personal health record and electronic health record companies, and health care providers. Anvita Health is headquartered in San Diego, California.
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, is a leading health care company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in health care that can further enhance wellness opportunities for the millions of people across the nation with whom the company has relationships.
More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company’s web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings
- Most recent investor conference presentations
- Quarterly earnings news releases
- Replays of most recent earnings release conference calls
- Calendar of events (including upcoming earnings conference call dates and times, as well as planned interaction with research analysts and institutional investors)
- Corporate Governance information
Covisint, a Compuware company, enables information ecosystems that quickly revolutionize organizations by providing secure communication and collaboration between people and systems in remarkably simple ways. Covisint is a recognized cloud computing pioneer driving the on-demand revolution that helps organizations connect, communicate and collaborate with their partners--enabling anywhere, anytime information. The Covisint ExchangeLink™ platform provides industry-specific services for identity management, collaborative portals and data exchange, as well as a third-party application marketplace. Learn more at www.covisint.com.
For Anvita Health:
Hal Mackins, 617-379-3775 or 415-994-0040 (mobile)
Doug Anter, 313-227-0127 or 248-342-2200 (mobile)
Jim Turner, 502-580-3221 or 502-608-2897 (mobile)
KEYWORDS: United States North America California Kentucky
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Technology Data Management Networks Software Practice Management Health Hospitals