- Amcom Mobile Connect version 2.1 adds Wi-Fi support for BlackBerry smartphones, helping to eliminate coverage “dead spots” within hospitals
- New version builds on existing functionality and increases the ease of use with time-saving features
MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Amcom Software, Inc. today announced the release of Amcom Mobile Connect version 2.1. This smartphone messaging and pager replacement solution continues to be extremely well received in the market as physicians and other hospital staff seek the efficiency and improved two-way communications using BlackBerry, iPhone, and Android smartphones. The new version of Amcom Mobile Connect adds time-saving features and additional deployment options such as Wi-Fi coverage and BlackBerry Internet Service capabilities to ensure rapid and reliable message delivery. This is in addition to core functionality already in use by many hospitals, such as message encryption, delivery confirmations and full traceability for all messages sent and received.
Highlights of Amcom Mobile Connect v2.1
- BlackBerry Message Delivery via BlackBerry Internet Service Push: Already in use at one customer’s hospital, the solution can now send messages using the BlackBerry Internet Service push system. Messages are securely downloaded to the mobile application, eliminating the need to use SMS and increasing throughput for the organization.
- Wi-Fi Support for BlackBerry Smartphones: The application now supports the ability to deliver messages to BlackBerry smartphones over Wi-Fi. This gives users an alternative way to send messages if there are dead cellular coverage spots within a facility or if the cellular network has outages. Amcom Mobile Connect automatically chooses the cellular or Wi-Fi network to ensure message delivery without end user intervention.
- Message Reply Templates: Mobile users can now choose to configure message reply templates. When responding to a message, the user can then elect to enter free-form text or select from one of the pre-built message replies. They can either send the message reply populated from the template as-is or edit the response.
- Security Access Code: For heightened security, mobile users can now establish and utilize a security access code on their Amcom Mobile Connect application. Once the security code is set, the user is required to enter it before viewing messages. The application will lock when put into the background.
“We are continuing our aggressive development work on Amcom Mobile Connect to respond to the demand for advanced messaging capabilities from current and prospective customers,” said Chris Heim, CEO, Amcom Software. “This new version represents another key step on the product roadmap that takes us to a new plane of usability for mobile messaging in hospitals.”
About Amcom Software
Amcom Software connects people to each other and to the data they need. This helps organizations save lives with communications that are faster, more accurate, and more efficient. Amcom Software’s unified communications technologies include solutions for contact centers, emergency management, mobile event notification, and messaging. The company’s products are used by leading organizations in healthcare, hospitality, education, business, and government. By continually developing its industry-leading technologies, Amcom Software has rapidly grown and solidified its market leadership. For more information, call 800.852.8935 or go to http://www.amcomsoftware.com. You can also learn more about Amcom Mobile Connect in CEO Chris Heim’s mobility in healthcare blog.
Ron Wenaas, +1 612-418-7077
KEYWORDS: United States North America Minnesota
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Technology Data Management Software Telecommunications Other Technology Practice Management Health Hospitals Mobile/Wireless Other Health General Health