Washington, DC – On September 30 and October 1, the Alliance for Home Health Quality and Innovation (the Alliance) will sponsor a two-day workshop hosted by the Institute of Medicine/National Research Council (IOM/NRC) on the future of home health care.
Experts from across the country will discuss the role of home health in achieving the Triple Aim in health care, which includes improving the patient's experience of care and population health and reducing per capita costs. Panels at the workshop will explore how to best integrate home health into the future health care system and highlight key priorities to help optimize and clarify the value of home health. The IOM/NRC will release a summary detailing the proceedings, key themes and issues identified in the workshop. Workshop topics will include:
- The current state of home health care and the evolving role of Medicare home health care
- The triple aim of improving the patient's experience of care, improving population health, and reducing per capita cost
- Innovative models of care
- Necessary investments in infrastructure, workforce, research, measurement, and technology
- Policy reforms and strategies needed to recognize the value of home health care.
The Alliance's sponsorship of this workshop is the second phase of its Future of Home Health Care Project, a research-based strategic framework development project on the future of home health care in America.
WHAT: The Future of Home Health Care: A Workshop IOM-NRC Forum on Aging, Disability, and Independence
WHO: Academic, health care and policy experts including:
- Bruce Leff, Johns Hopkins University (Workshop Co-Chair)
- Elizabeth Madigan, Case Western Reserve University (Workshop Co-Chair)
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin, American Action Forum
- Tricia Neuman, Kaiser Family Foundation
- Thomas Edes, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Margherita Labson, The Joint Commission
- Steve Landers, MD, MPH, Visiting Nurse Association Health Group
To access a full workshop agenda and list of panelists, click here.
WHEN: Tuesday, September 30 from 8:45 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday, October 1 from 8:45 am - 3:15 pm
WHERE: Keck Center of the National Academies
500 5th Street NW – Room 100
/PRNewswire-USNewswire -- Sept. 25, 2014/
SOURCE Alliance for Home Health Quality and Innovation