CMS unveils 27 Medicare ACOs
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services today announced its long-awaited list of 27 Accountable Care Organizations (ACO) under the Medicare Shared Savings Program, as well as five Advance Payment ACOs, both beginning April 1.
The 27 Medicare ACOs through the Shared Savings Program will serve an estimated 375,000 beneficiaries in 18 states. Coupled with the 32 Pioneer ACOs and six Physician Group Practice Transition Demonstration organizations that both started in January, the total 65 ACOs will serve 1.1 million Medicare beneficiaries, CMS said in a statement.
The selected ACOs include more than 10,000 physicians, 10 hospitals and 13 smaller physician-driven organizations in urban and rural areas.
"We are encouraged by this strong start and confident that by the end of this year, we will have a robust program in place, benefitting millions of seniors and people with disabilities across the country," CMS Acting Administrator Marilyn Tavenner said.
- Accountable Care Coalition of Mount Kisco, LLC - Mount Kisco, N.Y.
- Accountable Care Coalition of the North Country, LLC - Canton, N.Y.
- AHS ACO, LLC - Morristown, N.J. (Serving beneficiaries in New Jersey and Pennsylvania)
- Chinese Community Accountable Care Organization - New York City
- CIPA Western New York IPA, doing business as Catholic Medical Partners - Buffalo, N.Y.
- Crystal Run Healthcare ACO, LLC - Middletown, N.Y. (Serving beneficiaries in New York and Pennsylvania)
- Hackensack Physician-Hospital Alliance ACO, LLC - Hackensack, N.J. (Serving beneficiaries in New Jersey and New York)
- Jordan Community ACO - Plymouth, Mass.
- North Country ACO - Littleton, N.H. (Serving beneficiaries in New Hampshire and Vermont)
- Optimus Healthcare Partners, LLC - Summit, N.J.
- Physicians of Cape Cod ACO Description of Organization - Hyannis, Mass.
- Accountable Care Coalition of Caldwell County, LLC - Lenoir, N.C.
- Accountable Care Coalition of Coastal Georgia - Ormond, Fla. (Serving beneficiaries in Georgia and South Carolina)
- Accountable Care Coalition of Eastern North Carolina, LLC - New Bern, N.C.
- Accountable Care Coalition of Greater Athens Georgia - Athens, Ga.
- Accountable Care Coalition of the Mississippi Gulf Coast, LLC - Clearwater, Fla. (Serving beneficiaries in the Mississippi Gulf Coast area)
- Accountable Care Coalition of Texas, Inc. - Houston, Texas
- Coastal Carolina Quality Care, Inc. - New Bern, N.C.
- Florida Physicians Trust, LLC - Winter Park, Fla.
- Jackson Purchase Medical Associates, PSC - Paducah, Ky.
- Primary Partners, LLC - Clermont, Fla.
- RGV ACO Health Providers, LLC - Donna, Texas
- West Florida ACO, LLC - Trinity, Fla.
- AppleCare Medical ACO, LLC - Buena Park, Calif.
- Arizona Connected Care, LLC - Tucson, Ariz.
- Premier ACO Physician Network - Lakewood, Calif.
- Accountable Care Coalition of Southeast Wisconsin, LLC - Milwaukee, Wis.
For more information:
- check out the press release
Fierce Exclusive: OSF HealthCare exec on the Pioneer ACO journey
Pioneer ACOs to ring in the new year
CMS selects 32 final Pioneer ACOs