Community meetings designed to help baby boomers and other Medicare beneficiaries understand the basics of Medicare and make informed health care decisions
MINNETONKA, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- UnitedHealthcare will host a series of community meetings across Maine to help baby boomers and other Medicare beneficiaries better understand the Medicare program so they can make confident health care choices.
Every day for the next decade, 10,000 boomers will turn 65 and become eligible for Medicare, bringing tremendous growth to the country’s largest health insurance program. In Maine, 267,000 baby boomers will turn 65 this year. The UnitedHealthcare community meetings will help these newly eligible individuals and other Medicare beneficiaries learn about their Medicare options.
“Our goal is to help people enrolling in Medicare for the first time or making changes to their coverage feel more comfortable and secure in the process,” said Steve King, regional vice president of UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement in Maine. “By holding meetings in convenient neighborhood locations across Maine, we hope to make it easier for people to get the information they need to make an informed decision regarding their health care coverage.”
At the meetings, local licensed sales agents who understand the community and the needs of local beneficiaries will present information about the basics of Medicare, including the different parts of the program, eligibility requirements and enrollment windows. An overview of UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage plans available in Maine will also be presented. Attendees will have an opportunity to ask questions about their coverage options and how to find coverage in their community that best meets their health and financial needs.
Monthly meetings will be held in 11 cities across Maine through June:
- Weathervane Seafood Restaurant, 306 U.S. Route 1, Kittery; first Wednesday of each month at 1 p.m.
- Panera Bread, 37 Xavier Loop, Augusta; second and fourth Saturday of each month at 10 a.m.
- Weathervane Seafood Restaurant, 380 Gorham Road, South Portland; second Wednesday of each month at 2 p.m.
- Cabela’s, 100 Cabela’s Blvd., Scarborough; second Wednesday of each month at 2 p.m.
- Captain’s Gallery Restaurant, 168 Saco St., Old Orchard Beach; first Saturday of each month at 10 a.m.
- Sebago Brewing Company, 65 Portland Road, Kennebunk; second Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m.
- Weathervane Seafood Restaurant, 1601 South Main St., Sanford; second Wednesday of each month at 6:30 p.m.
- Rooster’s Coal Fired Pizza & Tap House, 110 Community Drive, Augusta; first Thursday of each month at 7 p.m.
- China Rose Restaurant, 42 Bath Road, Brunswick; second Thursday of each month at 7 p.m.
- PeoplesChoice Credit Union, 774 Post Road, Route 1 S., Wells; first Thursday of each month at 10 a.m.
- PeoplesChoice Credit Union, 39 Country Club Road, Sanford; first Friday of each month at 10 a.m.
- Tim Hortons, 5 Horton Place, Topsham; second Saturday of each month at 10 a.m.
- Panera Bread, 11 Main St., Westbrook; first Saturday of each month at 10 a.m.
More than 122,000 Maine beneficiaries are enrolled in UnitedHealthcare Medicare plans. Members enrolled in UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage plans have access to a care provider network of 16 hospitals and more than 1,900 physicians and other health care professionals statewide. With more than 10 million members enrolled in its plans nationwide, UnitedHealthcare is the largest business dedicated to meeting the health and well-being needs of seniors and other Medicare beneficiaries.
For more information about Medicare, beneficiaries can visit www.Medicare.gov or MedicareMadeClear.com, “like” Medicare Made Clear on Facebook or follow @MedicareClear on Twitter. More information about UnitedHealthcare Medicare plans can be found at www.UHCMedicareSolutions.com.
UnitedHealthcare is dedicated to helping people nationwide live healthier lives by simplifying the health care experience, meeting consumer health and wellness needs, and sustaining trusted relationships with care providers. The company offers the full spectrum of health benefit programs for individuals, employers and Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries, and contracts directly with more than 650,000 physicians and care professionals and 5,000 hospitals nationwide. UnitedHealthcare serves more than 38 million people and is one of the businesses of UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH), a diversified Fortune 50 health and well-being company.
Plan is insured or covered by UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company or one of its affiliates, a Medicare Advantage organization with a Medicare contract.
A sales person will be present with information and applications. For accommodation of persons with special needs at sales meetings, please call 1-877-486-2048, TTY 711.
Sarah Bearce, 952-931-4732
KEYWORDS: United States North America Maine Minnesota
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Seniors Health Professional Services Insurance Consumer Managed Care