Company Surpasses Milestone of 200 Partnerships Covering More Than 170 Million Insured
NEW BRAUNFELS, Texas, June 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The SCOOTER Store, the nation's leading provider of power mobility solutions, announced that its business agreements with insurance companies have exceeded 200 health plan partnerships. The contracts allow more than 170 million covered members across the country to obtain power mobility equipment from the company when authorized by their health plan.
The company has signed eight new agreements so far in 2011 with additional contracts under negotiation. The agreements represent the ongoing commitment by The SCOOTER Store to continue growing health plan relationships as part of its mission to provide freedom and independence to people with limited mobility. The new health plan relationships include a contract with Anthem® companies in Maine and New Hampshire.
"Our Corporate Contracting Division continues to negotiate important new business agreements, enabling us to serve the power mobility and durable medical equipment needs of health plan members across the country," said Doug Harrison, founder, president and CEO of The SCOOTER Store. "We are proud to recognize the efforts of our contracting division in achieving this important milestone for the company."
During this time of power mobility industry consolidation, health plans can benefit from doing business with The SCOOTER Store in several ways, such as:
- The opportunity to work with a proven leader that can provide nationwide in-home delivery and service of standard and customized complex rehab power mobility solutions for their members;
- Gain access to expanded offerings that include many home care-related products;
- Receiving specific information needed on per policy and plan basis to better manage utilization;
- Receiving information in the format and manner needed to make effective use of insurance company staff; and
- Leveraging the company's ability to sell, install and service mobility lifts and ramps to help maximize mobility benefits for members.
Health plan members accrue additional benefits when their plan chooses to contract with The SCOOTER Store. These benefits include:
- Access to specialists who work with the member, the member's physician and the health plan's utilization management staff to assist them through the claims process;
- Availability of nationwide service, even when members are traveling away from home; and
- Availability of payment plans for out-of-pocket expenses.
The long-term goal of The SCOOTER Store is create an opportunity for every senior and disabled American to live their entire life at home: happy, healthy, safe and connected to their community.
About The SCOOTER Store:
Since 1991, The SCOOTER Store has helped provide freedom and independence to more people with limited mobility than any other company in the nation. The company offers power mobility solutions, including power wheelchairs, scooters, lifts, ramps, and accessories, in 48 states. The company also provides Home Care products and services in some locations. Using these solutions provides today's seniors an alternative to living in nursing homes or other care facilities. The company's goal is to create an opportunity for every senior or disabled American to live their entire life safely and confidently at home. The SCOOTER Store was recently recognized by FORTUNE magazine in its prestigious 100 Best Places to Work For in America for the second time. The company is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care. For more information, visit www.thescooterstore.com.
SOURCE The SCOOTER Store