DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/955621/managed_care_and_t) has announced the addition of the "Managed Care and the Pharmaceutical Industry - Top Issues, Health Care Reform and the Inter-linkages Bringing Them Together" report to their offering.
The managed care and the pharmaceutical industries have many conflicting goals. Managed care organizations are looking to reduce or - at the least - maintain drug costs, while pharmaceutical companies seek to increase the sale of their brand-name drugs. Common ground between the two industries can be difficult to find.
Shared goals do exist, though. Both the managed care industry and the pharmaceutical industry have a stake in how prescription drugs impact the cost and quality of health care. Both industries would like to see treatment persistence increase and, to this end, are continually investing in the research and development of disease management and medication compliance programs. Finally, both the managed care and the pharmaceutical drug industry are heavily influenced by the each other as well as other health care stakeholders, such as the Federal and state governments, health care providers and practitioners, and consumers.
This consultancy-style report provides an overview of the top issues in the managed care market and examines how the pharmaceutical industry, and other health care stakeholders, affect and are affected by the growth of managed care in the US market.
Reasons to Purchase
- Gain access to a fully sourced, executive assessment of the current state of the managed care industry
- Benefit from CBRs evaluation of the inter-linkages between the key components of the US health care environment
- Understand the key issues facing managed care and where the pharmaceutical industry could support its relationship with its main health care partners moving forward
- Assess what the future of managed care holds for the pharmaceutical industry and where opportunities may exist to support your company's growth moving forward
Key Topics Covered:
Top Issues in Managed Care
- Health IT
- Cost and Quality
- What Does this Mean for Pharmaceutical Executives
Managed Care and Health Care Reform
- Types of Health Care Coverage
- Types of Managed Care
- Impact of the Health Care Reform Bill on Managed Care
- Expanded Coverage to the Uninsured
- What the Reform Bill Means for Managed Care and the Pharmaceutical Industry
Inter-linkages in the US Health Care Industry
- Managed Care
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Summary - The Short and Long Term Outlook
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/955621/managed_care_and_t.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Pharmaceutical Professional Services Other Professional Services Managed Care