‘Member Mobile’ operates on any device anywhere, enabling health plans to serve and engage members on the go
ORLANDO, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Kony Solutions, Inc., a leading mobile application platform provider, today introduced Member Mobile, an app designed for health insurers and health plan providers to more quickly and easily launch their mobile presence and engage with members across mobile, tablet and kiosk channels. Built on the proven Kony Platform, the Member Mobile “solution accelerator” offers out-of-the-box features to enhance member engagement, medication management, health plan and provider communication, and health and wellness initiatives, while allowing the plan to leverage existing back office systems. Health plans use the Kony environment to personalize via reskinning/rebranding, utilizing connections to back-end systems and leveraging custom functionality in rapid time with the highest return on investment.
“Kony delivers capability to reach 99 percent of a mobile target audience, including every major smartphone operating system and nearly all mobile devices. When customers want to add features or modify their offering, the Member Mobile solution allows them to ‘change once, change everywhere,’” says Aaron Kaufman, general manager of Kony’s healthcare and life sciences division. “Every major and regional health plan, including employer-directed HSAs, HRAs, FSAs, and Medigap programs, faces continued pressure to offer the highest quality service in a highly competitive landscape. Keeping costs low and leveraging the latest mobile technology channels for presence helps drive satisfaction and member stickiness. Kony’s Member Mobile can make ROI a reality, even for plans that did not budget for mobile earlier this year.”
Member Mobile provides current and prospective members with:
- eCommerce - browse plans, purchase coverage and complete online registration
- Card Management (on-device availability) - retrieve and send member cards (fax, email, etc…)
- Care Location - use geo-location to find providers and facilities (physicians, urgent care, pharmacies, etc.)
- Appointments - request appointments
- Benefit Status - monitor benefit and claims information
- Prescription Management - manage over-the-counter and prescription medications (Rx reminders, Rx refills, brand to generic conversion, pricing comparisons, mail order facilitation, etc.)
- PBM workflow - benefits, mail order conversion, etc.
- Contact - administrative and clinical representatives
- PHR - access personal health records
- Wellness - engage with wellness initiatives, case and disease management, seminars/events, etc.
“Kony mobile apps support health plans seeking to differentiate themselves by bringing interactive health information to the fingertips of their members,” says Edward Gross, director of product development for Kony’s healthcare and life sciences division. “Our turn-key offering is a branded, quick-to-market solution that delivers a superior user experience on all devices—iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, feature phones, tablets, kiosks and more. The Kony Platform is highly customizable and scalable, as well, and is proven to future-proof a health plan’s mobile investment.”
Member Mobile can be connected to the back-end through:
- Web Services (REST, SOAP, JSON, POJO to Java Service, etc.)
- HTML Scraping Connector (when web services are not available)
- Data Connectors (connectors to industry leading claims management systems are available)
- Composite Services (ability to aggregate any of the above on the server side and connect via one service for highest performance situations between mobile device and server)
Health plans can also leverage Kony’s full array of mobile apps to meet specific needs for sales force automation and customer relationship management (CRM) as well as member fitness programs.
Member Mobile is one of a series of offerings available through Kony’s healthcare and life sciences division, with solutions also developed for health information technology (HIT) vendors, provider organizations, pharmaceutical and biotech companies, and medical device and supply/distributions organizations.
For information about Kony’s Member Mobile solution accelerator visit:
About Kony Solutions
Kony enables enterprises to provide consumers and employees innovative mobile solutions on every mobile device. Leveraging the Kony “Write Once, Run Everywhere” platform, an application is defined just once, and deployed across more than 9,000 devices, 7 operating systems and multiple channels, including native applications, HTML5 and device-optimized mobile web, hybrid applications, social media applications, SMS/MMS, kiosks, and tablets. Kony’s proven Write Once, Run Everywhere technology produces native code, and exposes all OS specific capabilities. Like no other, Kony future proofs applications against OS and browser updates, providing SLAs guaranteeing timely support of the newest operating systems and devices.
In 2011 Kony was positioned as a “Visionary” in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Consumer Application Platforms (MCAP) report by William Clark, Michael J. King and Linda Dozier. Kony has been named a Gartner Cool Vendor, a ‘Most Innovative Company of the Year’ by the American Business Awards and waschosen as one of Fast Company’s 100 innovative Apple-affiliated achievers.
For Kony Solutions
Elizabeth Glaser, 770-576-2551
KEYWORDS: United States North America Florida
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Technology Data Management Software Practice Management Health Mobile/Wireless Managed Care