LOUISVILLE, Ky.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) announced today that Bruce D. Perkins, the company’s Senior Vice President of Health Care Delivery Systems and Clinical Processes, has been promoted to the new role of President, Health and Well-being Services segment for Humana.
Under Perkins’ leadership, the segment will have a dual focus: to provide leverage for Humana’s Employer Group and Retail core businesses, and to offer products and services to individuals and groups outside Humana’s core businesses, maximizing new growth opportunities. Perkins will continue reporting to Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer James E. Murray.
The Health and Well-being Services segment at Humana will include Health Care Services and Clinical Analytics; the company’s Health Care Guidance Organization; Humana Pharmacy Solutions; Health Care Provider Development; Concentra, the nation’s pre-eminent provider of occupational health and worksite medical services; and the Humana Chronic Care Program.
“Humana is making great progress aligning our organization around specific customer relationships, most recently in the Retail segment, Employer Group segment, and Government and Other Businesses group. We’re delighted to appoint Bruce to this new role as leader of our Health and Well-Being Services segment,” Murray said. “Over the course of his Humana career, Bruce has made significant contributions to the organization and is uniquely qualified for this role.”
Perkins has spent his entire career at Humana, joining the company in 1976. During the past 12 years, he has overseen the development of Humana’s provider networks including the nation’s largest network of providers who serve Medicare beneficiaries. He has also overseen the growth of Humana Pharmacy Solutions into the fourth-largest Pharmacy Benefit Manager in the U.S.; and the development of Humana Cares, which provides chronic care support services for more than 200,000 Humana members.
Recently, Humana appointed Thomas J. Liston President of the company’s Retail segment, Elizabeth D. Bierbower as President of the Employer Group segment, and Tim S. McClain as President of Humana’s Government and Other Businesses group. Perkins’ appointment completes the process of leadership appointments for each of the company’s four groups.
The following leaders will report to Perkins:
- Marsden Connolly will lead Health Care Services and Clinical Analytics. She joined the company in 1987.
- Dr. Philip Painter will lead Humana’s Health Care Guidance Organization. He joined the company in 2006.
- William Fleming will continue to lead Humana Pharmacy Solutions. He came to Humana in 1994.
- Peter Edwards will lead Provider Development. He joined the company in 1991.
- Jim Greenwood will continue to lead Concentra, which provides medical care, physical therapy, and wellness services to patients through more than 600 walk-in medical centers and worksite clinics in 43 states. He came to Humana as part of the company’s Concentra acquisition in 2010.
- Dr. Ahmed Ghouri will continue leading AnvitaHealth, Humana’s best-in-class clinical analytics subsidiary. Humana acquired Anvita in 2011.
- Kathryn Minx will lead Finance, Planning and Administration in the segment. She joined the company in 2011.
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, is a leading health care company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in health care that can further enhance wellness opportunities for the millions of people across the nation with whom the company has relationships.
More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company’s web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings
- Most recent investor conference presentations
- Quarterly earnings news releases
- Replays of most recent earnings release conference calls
- Calendar of events (including upcoming earnings conference call dates and times, as well as planned interaction with research analysts and institutional investors)
- Corporate Governance information
KEYWORDS: United States North America Kentucky
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Professional Services Insurance Managed Care