Fast, Free and Secure Online Health Insurance Quotes for Individuals, Families and Small Businesses. You can apply directly online at www.healthinsuranceoutlet.com
LOS ANGELES, May 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Navali & Company, insurance agency and parent company of Health Insurance Outlet, educates consumers about individual health insurance. Through our website, www.healthinsuranceoutlet.com, consumers can click on "Health Insurance 101" and learn more about what to look for when buying California health insurance.
There are many types of California health insurance plans out there. Here are some basic things to know before buying individual health insurance:
What Types of Plans Should I Look For?
There are way too many plans to choose from and it can become very intimidating. Let us try to break down the basics of the types of plans in California that you might come across.
- HMOs (Health Maintenance Organization). These types of plans are one of the most affordable in the marketplace. This is primarily because of the managed network structure that is in place.
- PPOs (Preferred Provider Organization). This is also another affordable individual health insurance plan that gives people access to all health care providers within the network. Additionally, you can also go out of network and most plans will cover you for care as well.
- HSAs (Health Savings Account). The HSA is primarily used for tax-free strategies so individuals can save some extra money during tax time. Also, HSAs have high-deductible plans which are primarily used as "just-in-case" insurance, or catastrophic coverage for those unfortunate emergency events.
Understanding What Costs Are Associated With Your Plan
- Premiums. This is the monthly cost that you have to pay to maintain your individual health insurance plan. Some plans also offer quarterly payment structures as well.
- Deductibles. This is the amount of money that you are responsible for before co-insurance kicks in on your individual health insurance plan. Usually, the lower the deductible, the higher your monthly premium.
- Co-Pays. This is the amount you have to pay to visit the doctor's office for routine check-ups, sore throats, etc.
- Co-Insurance. This percentage is what your insurance carrier will pay after you have met your deductible.
- Out-Of-Pocket Maximums. This is an important number. This is the most that can come out of your pocket in any one given year for your health insurance, then it resets.
About Navali & Company:
Navali & Company is a full service insurance agency working with individuals and small businesses across California. The company offers health insurance plans from all the major insurance carriers in California and has been saving money for consumers and small businesses for many years. Please visit www.navalicompany.com for more information.
SOURCE Navali & Company