I believe that gratefulness and appreciation is vital to achieving happiness, in both our personal and professional lives. With that theory in mind, I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you, dear readers.
Thank you for subscribing to FierceHealthPayer! Thank you for reaching out to me or anyone else on our editorial team with comments, feedback and story ideas. Thank you for forwarding the newsletter to your colleagues and friends. Thank you for following us on Twitter or LinkedIn.
Quite simply, I thank you for taking the time to open the newsletter and read each issue.
Because of you, I am happy to announce that FierceHealthPayer has reached a new milestone in the two short years since it began publishing; it now has 20,000 subscribers. As the editor of FierceHealthPayer, I'm particularly grateful for that achievement and all the readers who have helped us attain such a milepost.
We at FierceHealthPayer are pretty proud of the news, interviews, commentaries, special reports and eBooks that we publish for our readers. We also overhauled our website with a new and improved design geared toward your easy navigation of all the various FierceHealthPayer content available.
To recap, here are the the top 10 most popular FierceHealthPayer stories from the past year:
10. Blues, Disney anti-obesity exhibit effective? Fat chance
9. Aetna, UnitedHealth dropped from state Medicaid program
8. UnitedHealth buying 2,300 doctors
7. Will private exchanges become the new Travelocity?
6. Aetna rebrands itself with new logo, consumer focus
5. Health insurance exchanges: 3 steps to prepare payers
4. From Volume to Value: Cigna's collaborative accountable care programs
3. Interview: Behind WellPoint's $1B primary care initiative
2. Readmissions drop when pharmacists visit patients' homes
1. Payer-provider M&A roundup: The biggest deals of 2011
The newsletter continues to grow and cover all aspects of the health insurance industry, and we will keep striving to meet your needs by reporting the most relevant news, commenting on the hottest topics and trends and providing the most insightful original content possible. -Dina (@HealthPayer)