- CIGNA translates its Explanation of Benefits for globally mobile customers from insurance-ese into a simple, clear, consumer-friendly receipt
- CIGNA's globally mobile customers to receive redesigned Explanation of Benefits, adapted from award-winning Explanation of Benefits launched by CIGNA in the U.S.
CLAYMONT, Del.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- CIGNA's (NYSE: CI) North American customers with international benefits plans now have access to CIGNA's award-winning Explanation of Benefits (EOBs) when they are on international assignment.
To better serve its customers around the world, CIGNA International Expatriate Benefits modeled its new EOB after CIGNA‘s U.S. award-winning EOB, which was redesigned from insurance-ese into a simple, clear, consumer-friendly receipt. CIGNA's EOB recently received DALBAR, Inc.’s “Excellent” designation for clarity, content, and design. CIGNA International Expatriate Benefits is the leader in the globally mobile employee market, covering more than 800,000 customers around the globe.
“The new Explanation of Benefits is clearly designed and offers great information. You know exactly the charges incurred and it even shows the advantages of the discount CIGNA has arranged that helps to reduce costs,” said Donna M. Black, associate director of human resources for Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty. “The Explanation of Benefits also clearly states the amount that may be owed by our employee.”
Specific improvements to the redesigned EOB include the following:
- A summary page that provides overview information related to the claims submitted;
- A glossary and claims “tip” information page;
- Detail pages that provide more clarity around benefit amounts and claim information;
- Local currency information;
- A clear and transparent statement as to what the customer may owe; and,
- Simplified language used to explain services rendered, claim decisions and calculations of payments to health care professionals and customers.
“A better understanding of the Explanation of Benefits enables our customers to make more informed health decisions,” said Andrew Kielty, president of CIGNA International Expatriate Benefits. “We want our customers focused on their health and well-being – not feeling overwhelmed by information or confused by insurance terminology.”
The CIGNA International Expatriate Benefits Guide to Your Explanation of Benefits takes customers through the changes on their EOB, in addition to providing helpful tips about filing a claim.
CIGNA (NYSE: CI) is a global health service and financial company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. CIGNA Corporation's operating subsidiaries in the United States provide an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, as well as group life, accident and disability insurance. CIGNA offers products and services in over 28 countries and jurisdictions and has approximately 65 million customer relationships throughout the world. All products and services are provided exclusively by such operating subsidiaries and not by CIGNA Corporation. To learn more about CIGNA, visit www.cigna.com. To sign up for email alerts or an RSS feed of company news, log on to http://newsroom.cigna.com/rss. Also, follow us on Twitter at @cigna, visit CIGNA’s YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/cigna and listen to CIGNA's podcast series with healthy tips and information at http://www.cigna.com/podcasts or by searching "CIGNA" in iTunes.
Joseph Mondy, 888-593-8203
KEYWORDS: United States North America Delaware
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Professional Services Human Resources Insurance General Health Managed Care