- Health technology products and services to be showcased in 3,500-square-foot interactive exhibitor booth
- UnitedHealth Group health experts to speak at Digital Health Summit, Silvers Summit and alongside industry experts in company booth
- Fun, interactive fitness challenges for CES attendees include prizes such as iPads
MINNETONKA, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- UnitedHealth Group will showcase its latest technology products and services designed to enhance consumers’ access to care and help improve their health and well-being at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Jan. 10-13.
UnitedHealth Group’s 3,500-square-foot exhibitor booth will demonstrate how the company and its UnitedHealthcare health benefits and Optum health services businesses are simplifying the consumer health care experience by making helpful, practical information easier to access through personal technology devices such as smartphones and video game consoles.
The booth will feature Microsoft Xbox with Kinect fitness challenges, real-time biometric screenings, presentations by leading health experts, innovative product and service demonstrations, and more. UnitedHealth Group will also provide a cyber café with Internet-enabled workstations and a coffee lounge area for CES attendees. UnitedHealth Group experts will present as part of the CES Digital Health Summit and the Silvers Summit.
“Technology is playing an increasingly critical role in improving access and affordability in the health system, and it’s also enabling better health outcomes for patients,” said Richard Migliori, M.D., executive vice president of health services at UnitedHealth Group. “The Consumer Electronics Show is a great opportunity to show people our innovations and ideas designed to help consumers enhance their health and well-being and live healthier lives.”
UnitedHealth Group to Showcase Latest Products and Services in Interactive Exhibitor Booth
CES attendees who visit the UnitedHealth Group booth (#2833) can interact with a wide range of innovative health tools, including:
- Health4Me – UnitedHealth Group’s new mobile application will make it easy and convenient for plan participants to make health care decisions from their mobile device. Health4Me enables users, via their GPS location, to find care providers, including hospitals, urgent-care centers and clinics, that participate in their health plan’s provider network. Health4Me also allows users to review their health benefits, health savings account and recent claims information.
- OptumizeMe – One of the first “mobile fitness challenge” mobile apps ever brought to market, OptumizeMe lets people use their smartphones to create health challenges – with friends, co-workers and others in their social network – to help achieve health and fitness goals.
- OptumRx Prescription app – The OptumRx Prescription app enables people to manage their medications with the convenience of a mobile app. With alerts and the ability to track prescription and nonprescription medications and consumption, people will be less likely to skip a dose or confuse medications.
Health Technology Products and Services:
- NowClinic – Optum’s NowClinic online care connects patients to doctors online, anytime and anywhere via the Internet. Patients can talk to a doctor via webcam, secure messenger or phone at a cost of just $45 for each 10-minute “visit.” Doctors can diagnose and prescribe, if clinically appropriate. For more information, or to see a doctor now, visit www.myNowclinic.com.
- Biometric Screening Health Tables & Dashboard – UnitedHealth Group will offer CES attendees an opportunity to check their health biometrics, which can help spot important health trends.
- Health Care Cost Estimator – UnitedHealthcare’s Health Care Cost Estimator gives consumers a comprehensive view of common procedures and treatment options, and personalized cost estimates – based on their health benefits plan – that include how cost and quality differs among physicians and facilities.
- Health Savings Checkup – This tool gives users an estimate of their own future health care costs based on $130 billion in claims from more than 16 million plan participants. The user answers basic questions about retirement goals, health and finances, and is able to get a better picture of potential health costs in retirement as well as possible gaps in savings.
UnitedHealth Group will also feature special in-booth presentations from industry-leading partners on topics such as how personal technology is playing an increasingly important role in health care. Speakers include: Bill Crounse, M.D., Microsoft’s senior director of worldwide health; Charles Teague, CEO, Loseit!; Serge Loncar, CEO, CareSpeak Communications; and James Park, CEO and co-founder, FitBit.
UnitedHealth Group Announces Speaker Lineup for 2012 CES
This year, UnitedHealth Group executives will participate in two CES summits – the Digital Health Summit, which focuses on consumer-based health and wellness innovations that meet at the intersection of technology and health care, and the Silvers Summit, which focuses on how technology can be used to reach seniors, an influential group that represents more than $2 trillion in annual spending power.
Confirmed UnitedHealth Group speakers include:
Tuesday, Jan. 10
9:50 a.m. to 10:35 a.m.
Rise of the Silver Surfers: How to Use Non-Traditional Marketing to Reach a Traditional Audience
Peter J. DeMaris, vice president of marketing, eCommerce, UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement
Digital Health Summit
Wednesday, Jan. 11
9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Visionaries Changing the Face of Digital Health
Reed Tuckson, M.D., executive vice president and chief of medical affairs, UnitedHealth Group
4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Is Mobile Making Us Healthier?
Bud Flagstad, vice president of strategic initiatives, UnitedHealth Group
UnitedHealth Group Announces Fitness Challenges for CES Attendees
UnitedHealth Group will host two fitness challenges this year at CES with prizes that include iPads.
- Microsoft Xbox with Kinect Challenge – UnitedHealth Group invites CES attendees to visit the UnitedHealth Group exhibitor booth and compete against other attendees in a variety of games, including:
- “Get Your Groove On Challenge” with Dance Central 2
- “Rally Ball” Challenge with Kinect Adventures
- CES Walking Challenge – UnitedHealth Group will also host its Second Annual CES Walking Challenge. As part of the challenge, the company will distribute more than 1,000 pedometers at its booth, allowing participants to track the number of steps they take at the show.
About UnitedHealth Group
UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH) is a diversified health and well-being company dedicated to helping people live healthier lives and making health care work better. With headquarters in Minnetonka, Minn., UnitedHealth Group offers a broad spectrum of products and services through two distinct platforms: UnitedHealthcare, which provides health care coverage and benefits services; and Optum, which provides information and technology-enabled health services. Through its businesses, UnitedHealth Group serves more than 75 million people worldwide. For more information, visit UnitedHealth Group at www.unitedhealthgroup.com.
KEYWORDS: United States North America Minnesota Nevada
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Women Entertainment Electronic Games Technology Consumer Electronics Data Management Internet Software Health Fitness & Nutrition Mobile/Wireless Professional Services Insurance Teens Mobile Entertainment Consumer General Health Men