Research and Markets: Semiconductor Opportunities in the Portable and Mobile Healthcare Market 2013 - 2018
<0> Research and MarketsLaura Wood, Senior Manager.U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716Sector: , </0>
() has announced the addition of the report to their offering.
The mobile healthcare market incorporates portable (movable/compact) healthcare products with integrated wireless communication capabilities (various types of WLAN, WPAN and WMAN technologies with different protocols). These products are generally used for measuring and monitoring data in combination with display or representation of the data on a mobile computing device, typically a smart-phone or a tablet.
Growth in the market will be driven by the prevalence of digital wireless and mobile communications, increased patient mobility and the rise in healthcare standards due to integration of wireless technology. The prominent trend in this market is the use of Bluetooth, NFC and ZigBee to leverage connectivity anywhere. The use of multiple sensors to make multi-parameter sensing medical monitors at low costs is another important trend in this market.
In the mobile cardiac monitor market, ECG machines are the most prominent segment, contributing 87% to the mobile cardiac monitor market. An ECG machine is the basic diagnostic tool used to detect various kinds of heart diseases. It is costly in comparison to all other equipment in this segment, so it accounts for the major share of the total revenue of the mobile cardiac monitor market. Mobile hemodynamic equipments are another important segment in the mobile healthcare market. Increase in the number of hypertension cases, increase in diabetic population and increasing demand for self-monitoring devices are the major drivers for this market. Processor and PMIC are the major contributors to the semiconductor revenue of mobile hemodynamic monitor market in 2013. In the mobile respiratory monitor market, sleep apnea monitor is the major contributor to the respiratory monitor market; holding 78.21 % share as of 2013.
Cellular and ZigBee technology are the most widely used wireless technologies used in respiratory monitors. Flow and position sensors are the most commonly used sensors in mobile respiratory monitor market. Insulin pumps and Ultrasound are the two equipments considered in the others market. The mobile insulin pumps segment is the major contributor in the others market. Its revenues will grow threefold from 2013 to 2018 as the penetration of wireless technologies will increase during this period.
This report provides a comprehensive breakdown of semiconductor opportunities in the portable and mobile healthcare market by equipment (Cardiac, Respiratory, Hemodynamic, Fitness & Wellness, Independent Ageing) and components (Memory, PMIC, Processor, Display, Sensor, Connectivity) for the period 213-2018.
This report deals with all the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities with respect to six segments of the mobile healthcare market, which are helpful in identifying trends and key success factors for the industry. It also profiles companies which are active in the field of mobile healthcare. The report provides the key growth strategies followed by all the major players.
- The mobile healthcare market has brought dynamism to the portable healthcare equipments industry with the use of advanced wireless technology. Integrating wireless technology into portable healthcare equipments has helped in raising healthcare standards and averted many (urgent/desperate) health situations. It has also increased patient mobility, both at the hospital and at home.
- The revenue of mobile healthcare market is estimated to be $6.21 Billion as of 2013 and will reach $23.49 Billion at a CAGR of 30.5%. At present, North America has the largest market share among all the segments in the mobile cardiac monitor market. APAC Region will grow at a high CAGR of 29.7 %. Some of the drivers for the growth in this region are improvement in healthcare infrastructure, growth of disposable income and high prevalence of cardiac disease in this region.
- North America holds the major share of the mobile hemodynamic market in 2013. A high rate of technological advancement, encouraging reimbursements and insurance policies are the main reasons behind the growth of these equipments in this region.
1 Objective Of This Study
2 Market Definitions
3 Methodology & Scope
4 Market Overview
5 Portable Cardiac Monitor Market
6 Portable Hemodynamic Monitor Market
7 Portable Respiratory Monitor Market
8 Others Market
9 Wearable Fitness And Wellness Market
10 Independent Ageing Products Market
11 Company Profiles
12 Appendix Definitions
- Abbott Laboratories
- Carefusion Corporation
- Covidien Plc
- Freescale Semiconductor Holdings
- GE Healthcare
- Infineon Technologies
- LG Display
- Measurement Specialties
- Natus Medical
- Omnivision Technologies
- Omron Healthcare
- Philips Healthcare
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- Roche Diagnostics
- Spacelabs Healthcare
- Texas Instruments
For more information visit
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.