HealthInSite is the first-of-its-kind online tool that puts workforce health data in employer’s hands
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Priority Health is launching HealthInSiteSM, the first-ever online tool for its employer groups that provides dynamic data, actionable information, and useful recommendations to address health care costs. Similar to a banking website – where you can see how your money is spent and in which categories – this tool gives employers a clear picture of where their healthcare dollars are going and identify key health issues impacting their workforce.
“This tool takes the mystery out of health care for employers,” said Kimberly K. Horn, president and CEO for Priority Health. “It helps employers see exactly where their costs are going and what health issues are impacting their workforce through easy-to-understand analysis and clinical recommendations. And it takes this information one step further by providing customized recommendations to help the employer select strategies and targeted health programs to improve the health of their workforce, productivity and bottom-line.”
HealthInSite offers key elements of support for employers including:
1. Data. It offers trend information and comparison data that displays company-specific results against the results of others in their industry.
2. Advice. It offers customized tips and recommendations on how to proactively improve the health of employees and their dependents or help them use health care services more effectively.
3. Partnership. The tool directs employers to utilize Priority Health’s expertise including its disease management and wellness programs and helps align them with the product or benefit design to help cut costs and improve health.
HealthInSite features succinct, clearly labeled charts that automatically illustrate the health of a workforce, their risks, where health care dollars are being spent and the financial impact of various health conditions. It offers customized tips and recommendations on how to proactively improve the health of employees and their dependents or help them use health care services more effectively. The tool is updated every month, so employers can track their performance and adjust their programs and strategies as necessary.
Using claims information and other data sources, HealthInSite tracks the following issues for employees and their covered dependents:
- Cost of conditions. Shows the cost and incidence of the top five health conditions.
- Chronic condition management. Displays whether the right treatment is being used for costly chronic conditions (based on clinical best practices).
- Preventive care. Demonstrates how appropriately these important services are being obtained (includes screening for breast, cervical and colorectal cancer).
- Prescriptions. Shows the average cost per prescription, the average percent being paid toward the total cost of each prescription and use of generic drugs.
- Utilization. Displays use of inpatient, emergency room, urgent care and physician services.
Priority Health is offering this resource to employers with 50 or more employees. The size requirement is in place to protect the anonymity of employees. An online demo and snapshots of HealthInSite are available on priorityhealth.com.
About Priority Health:
Priority Health is an award-winning health plan nationally recognized for creating innovative solutions that impact health care costs while maximizing customer experience. It offers a broad portfolio of products for employer groups, individuals, and Medicare and Medicaid. As a nonprofit company, Priority Health serves more than 625,000 people and continues to be rated as one of America’s Best Health Plans by U.S. News & World Report and the National Committee for Quality Assurance. To learn more about Priority Health’s experience and approach to prevention and wellness or its product portfolio, visit priorityhealth.com.
616 464-8571 or 800 942-0954
KEYWORDS: United States North America Michigan
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Professional Services Human Resources Insurance General Health