Integrated platform to include dozens of health measurement devices, forecasting, rules and alerts engines, compliance and collaboration applications, and multimodal messaging services
SEATTLE & ESPOO, Finland--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Numera and Medixine have partnered to co-market an integrated suite of health coaching and telehealth services. The combined offering will provide customers with the industry's most comprehensive portfolio of health monitoring devices, connectivity and communication gateways, and health management applications for consumers and professionals.
Health coaching, telehealth and population health management are fast becoming cornerstone strategies as health organizations accelerate efforts to provide high-quality, cost-effective care. Designed to help improve outcomes, the Numera-Medixine platform provides scalable technologies and services for large health coaching and population management programs, for conditions such as diabetes, asthma/COPD, hypertension, CHF, post-hospitalization, weight management and wellness.
Features and functionality of the integrated platform include:
- Access to vital consumer health measurements from dozens of consumer-preferred monitoring devices by leading manufacturers
- Secure, validated and authenticated transmission of captured measurements to virtually any population health management program
- Convenient upload gateways, including standard phone lines, the Internet, mobile phones, plus wireless and wired device connectivity via Bluetooth®, ANT+, and USB cables
- Consumer and professional applications employing an advanced rules engine for intervention notifications, health screening and forecasting, medication reminders, and more
- Integrated secure messaging functionality
- Notifications, information and coaching with a wide spectrum of delivery options (SMS texts, web and automated voice calling), configurable by target demographic group
- Timely assessments for treatment follow-up and appointment setting to track outcomes and foster compliance
- Chronic Disease Support Networks and portals for collaboration among patients, families and care teams
- Integration to social networking applications via Numera|Social to drive behavior change for individuals within extended social groups
"Our customers have chosen Numera as an affordable and strategic component for their health coaching programs," said Numera CEO Tim Smokoff. "We believe health coaching requires scalable and convenient technology, engaging and intuitive applications, and timely and responsive collaboration to drive meaningful behavior change in people. Joining forces with Medixine strongly enhances our ability to deliver in each of these areas with greater depth and range."
The companies will market the integrated suite worldwide to healthcare payers, provider organizations, and employers, both directly and through integration partners. The companies anticipate product availability by the first quarter of 2012, with an initial focus in North America and Europe.
"A pioneer in multichannel communication in wellness and care, Medixine brings its platform and tested suite of applications to drive the next wave of health coaching and disease management. Numera delivers the key consumer biometrics, population and chronic disease management knowledge, and social networking to the platform, an essential part of the overall solution," said Dr. Tapio Jokinen, Medixine CEO. "Medixine's robust messaging, collaboration and compliance-tracking platforms now benefit from an extensive source of immediate and objective health measurements offered through the dozens of devices and connectivity options in the Numera|Net portfolio. Consumers can now be more actively involved in their self-management, knowing their care team is monitoring progress and issues."
Medixine (www.medixine.com) specializes in multichannel communication solutions for healthcare and wellness. With a strong mobile emphasis, the offering provides tools for the ongoing paradigm shift in healthcare empowering patients in the care of their own health. Examples of Medixine solutions are:
- Medixine Clinic PHR for both independent citizen use and use with the care team
- Health Forecasting services providing warnings and advice to avoid risks of adverse weather conditions, for instance for COPD, asthma, chronic heart failure, allergies
- Automatic health coaching services for health plans and other service providers
- Multichannel notifications and reminders using text messaging, automatic voice (IVR), e-mail, e-letters
- Screening and follow-up questionnaires linked to advanced Medixine processes to provide automatic triage for layered e-services
- E-booking of appointments
Medixine solutions are used in Europe, North America and Asia. Over 100.000 patients’ and citizens’ information is stored to Medixine based systems. Our partners and customers include the UK MetOffice and NHS in the UK, France Telecom in France and Aetna in the US.
Numera (www.numerahealth.com) provides affordable telehealth monitoring solutions for care management and wellness programs. The company’s Numera|Net “open system” offers customers an FDA-cleared gateway with the ability to:
- Capture, transmit and analyze health measurements from the industry’s broadest selection of consumer health devices
- Provide a convenient means for consumers to upload data through personal computers, mobile devices and telehealth home hubs
- Integrate measurement results into virtually any electronic health record (EMR, PHR, DMR) for monitoring diabetes, cardiovascular disease, asthma, COPD, weight management and other chronic concerns
- Use rules and alerts to make the information accountable and actionable – for patients, physicians and caregivers alike
Numera|Net is complemented with the suite of Numera|Engage analytics, compliance and intervention applications and professional services, and the Numera|Social behavior change and support applications for social media and mobile platforms. Additionally, the company offers a portfolio of training, maintenance, and support services to its partners. Numera products are used in over 40 integrated delivery networks, hospitals, disease management, and corporate wellness settings.
Numera has alliances and partnerships with leading EMR companies, managed care organizations, IDNs, and pharmacy distributors, including Epic, Healthrageous, Health Trio, American Well, AmerisourceBergen, Appello (UK) and others. Numera is a member of the Synergenics consortium of companies (www.synergenics.net) and is headquartered in Seattle, Wash., with corporate offices in Sunnyvale, Calif., Orlando, Fla., and Camberley, UK.
KEYWORDS: United States Europe North America Finland Washington
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Technology Data Management Software Practice Management Health General Health