- Detailed health intelligence created by combining for the first time newly digitized patient records with medical claims data and analytics
- User-friendly applications deliver health intelligence to the point of care, and simplify collaboration, quality measurement and compliance reporting
- Delivery through the Optum health care cloud enables interoperability with health IT systems used in physician practices, hospitals, health plans and government agencies
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Optum today launched Optum Care Suite, a set of applications that will help physicians and other health professionals access detailed health intelligence on patient, system and population health, and collaborate to make medical care decisions and improve health outcomes.
Growing use of electronic health record (EHR) and health information exchange (HIE) technology is unlocking rich information about patient clinical experiences that has historically been confined to paper records. In a secure environment that protects privacy, Optum Care Suite marries this information with related health claims, patient-reported outcomes and Optum’s analytics capabilities.
To support more informed decisions and patient-centered collaboration, user-friendly applications working in concert with health IT systems used in physician practices and hospitals deliver health intelligence to care team members via any Internet-connected device. Optum Care Suite also automatically gathers and analyzes information. Its applications then display intuitive, interactive reports that help users identify variations in care and meet quality improvement and regulatory compliance requirements.
“Optum Care Suite provides a broader and more useful view of patient and community health, removes technological barriers to patient-centered care, and automates the gathering of information for administrative and reporting requirements,” said Andy Slavitt, group executive vice president at Optum. “In essence, we’re helping physicians get back to doing what they want to be doing – focusing on their patients.”
“Through Optum Care Suite, we are supporting physicians and hospital systems by bringing disparate pieces of information together to form a complete their view of patient experience and population health trends, health system utilization and patient outcomes. These capabilities are essential to supporting a simpler, more intelligent health system. They give physician practices and hospitals the resources they need to prosper in a system that requires greater transparency of performance and alignment of risks and incentives,” said John Wilson, M.D., vice president of analytics at OptumInsight.
Optum Care Suite has four primary components:
- Optum Care Pathways allows medical professionals to create customized, multi-provider care plans for patients based on each patient’s individual needs.
- Optum Care Coordination facilitates team-based approaches to patient care by enhancing visibility to diagnoses and treatments among all care team members, and closely tracking and documenting patient care across settings and providers.
- Optum Care Quality gathers data from claims, clinical records and patient reported outcomes, and helps health administrators easily track and measure performance and compile reports for quality and compliance requirements.
- Optum Care Population improves upon existing registries of people with common needs, and helps health professionals and other stakeholders understand the health of entire populations of patients and devise strategies for improving population health.
Optum Care Suite will be among the first set of applications available on the health care cloud, which Optum also announced today. The Optum health care cloud is secure and tailored to the highly specialized needs of the health system. It delivers dashboards to help health professionals efficiently manage their work and time, and toolkits to help developers easily create and implement applications to enhance patient and population health.
The first set of Optum Care Suite applications is tailored to the needs of medical professionals at physician practices and hospitals. In the coming months, Optum will launch capabilities for a wider range of stakeholders, including patients, government agencies, health plans and life sciences companies.
Optum Care Suite and the health care cloud will be shown at the HIMSS 2012 conference in Las Vegas, Feb. 20-24. Attendees are encouraged to visit the Optum exhibit space (booth #4245) to see demonstrations and learn how Optum Care Suite can help them improve clinical quality and reduce administrative costs.
Optum (www.optum.com) is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to helping make the health system work better for everyone. Optum comprises three companies – OptumHealth, OptumInsight and OptumRx – representing over 30,000 employees worldwide who collaborate to deliver integrated, intelligent solutions that work to modernize the health system and improve overall population health.
Kyle Christensen, 952-917-7537
KEYWORDS: United States North America Minnesota Nevada
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Technology Data Management Software Practice Management Health Hospitals General Health