- Harris to showcase solution portfolio augmented through acquisition of interoperability and workflow innovator, Carefx.
- Peake Healthcare Innovations, a joint venture of Harris and Johns Hopkins Medicine, debuts cloud-based image management solutions.
- HIMSS12 educational sessions feature Harris customers Cleveland Clinic, Florida Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) and, Catholic Health Initiatives.
MELBOURNE, Fla. & WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Harris Corporation (NYSE:HRS), an international communications and information technology company, will showcase its plans for “advancing healthcare” through its expanded solution portfolio at HIMSS12 (Booth 834), February 21-24, 2012, in Las Vegas. The company also is participating in the invitation-only Interoperability Showcase and educational sessions focused on cloud computing, image management and clinical and business analytics.
Since its April 2011 acquisition of interoperability innovator Carefx, Harris has expanded its solution portfolio to include workflow management, business and clinical analytics and provider and patient portals. Paired with Harris’ established expertise in image management, systems integration, managed services and communications, these solutions are enabling providers to achieve the clinical integration required for accountable, value-based care, bundled payment, population health and care collaboration.
“Integrating the people, clinical expertise and technology of Harris and Carefx has positioned us to help providers with clinical integration, care collaboration and stage 2 meaningful use requirements,” said Jim Traficant, president, Harris Healthcare Solutions. “Harris solutions leverage existing technology infrastructure and deliver clinical integration and analytics across disparate data sources, a strategy that offers meaningful, actionable information at the point of decision, enhances clinician adoption, accelerates system deployment, and delivers significant savings over wholesale system replacement.”
Of the more than 2,000 healthcare organizations utilizing Harris solutions, AHCA, Catholic Health Initiatives, Cleveland Clinic and Johns Hopkins Medicine will be featured in the HIMSS12 Interoperability Showcase and a series of educational sessions. Cleveland Clinic, for example, increased net operating income by $35 million a year and added 100,000 appointment slots worth $10 million in net income using solutions now available through Harris. Peake Healthcare Innovations, a joint venture of Harris and Johns Hopkins Medicine, is providing complete managed service solutions from the cloud to assist healthcare providers with the complex challenge of storing and managing medical images and related healthcare information.
Harris’ expanded solution portfolio is being demonstrated in Booth 834, and HIMSS12 attendees can find Harris’ conference activities here, with highlights below:
- “IT Tools for the C-Suite: Driving Strategy with Business Intelligence,” Feb. 22, 2012, 8 - 9:30 a.m. (Invitation Only) featuring Cleveland Clinic and Catholic Health Initiatives. Location: Lower-level Sands, near Hall G, Room 202
- “Florida State Health Information Exchange - Lessons Learned,” Feb. 21, 2012, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. featuring the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. Location: Lando 4306
- “Taking Medical Imaging into the Cloud,” Feb. 22, 2012, 8:30 - 9:30 a.m., featuring John Hopkins Medicine, Location: Titan 2203
- “Cloud Computing” Feb. 22, 10:45 - 11:15 a.m., John Hopkins Medicine. Location: Booth 13642, Hall G
- “Leveraging Business Intelligence across Your Health System,” Feb. 22, 2012, 2:45 - 3:30 p.m., featuring Cleveland Clinic. Location: Booth 13247, Hall G
- HIMSS12 IHE/ONC Interoperability Showcase: February 21-23, 2012, Booth 11000, Hall G.
For more information or to schedule a private demo while at HIMSS12, visit http://www.harris-is.com/himss12/.
In healthcare solutions, Harris provides enterprise intelligence solutions and services for government and commercial customers — including systems integration, intelligent infrastructure, interoperability, imaging, and other IT solutions. A leader in federal healthcare IT integration, Harris products, systems and services improve healthcare outcomes by assuring that critical medical and benefits information is delivered with security and privacy to the right person, on the right device, at the point of care.
About Harris Corporation
Harris is an international communications and information technology company serving government and commercial markets in more than 150 countries. Headquartered in Melbourne, Florida, the company has approximately $6 billion of annual revenue and about 17,000 employees — including nearly 7,000 engineers and scientists. Harris is dedicated to developing best-in-class assured communications® products, systems, and services. Additional information about Harris Corporation is available at www.harris.com.
KEYWORDS: United States North America District of Columbia Florida Nevada
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Technology Data Management Internet Software Security Practice Management Health Hospitals Other Health General Health Managed Care