MIAMI, FL--(Marketwire - Jan 12, 2012) - Today, cloud-based healthcare solution provider CareCloud announced its official entrance into the electronic health record (EHR) market. CareCloud Charts' breakthrough user interface is a revolutionary approach to maintaining and sharing patient medical information across the continuum of care while accelerating, rather than hindering, clinical workflow.
CareCloud Charts has already been awarded ambulatory certification (ONC-ATCB 2011/2012) as a Complete EHR by Drummond Group, an Office of the National Coordinator (ONC) Authorized Testing and Certification Body (ATCB). Charts has also been certified by SureScripts, making it a fully-functional tool for ePrescribing on SureScripts' nationwide network.
With the launch of the CareCloud Charts EHR, the company will further accelerate the rapid adoption of its web-based software and services, which already help thousands of physicians today streamline and consolidate the clinical, financial and administrative aspects of their business.
"Our primary mission has always been to simplify and streamline the entire healthcare experience. Rather than rushing to the market with an incomplete or ill-conceived electronic health record product, we decided to first invest in building a strong foundation that supports the entire revenue cycle. We then developed the clinical apps on top of that foundation," said Albert Santalo, President and CEO of CareCloud. "Now, with the public availability of CareCloud Charts, physicians can actually look forward to using their EHR."
"We're obsessed with delivering an incredible software experience; that's not something many other vendors can say," Santalo continued. "Almost no other company has built a unified EHR and practice management solution from the ground up. The level of seamlessness and elegance we are achieving cannot be created through a merger of two companies and their respective product lines. By offering Charts as part of a comprehensive suite, we're helping the entire staff pull together in one direction through one system, without needless steps in the process."
CareCloud Charts comes fully loaded with everything required for doctors to take their offices completely paperless, including: medical charting, lab and diagnostic ordering/receiving, ePrescribing and medication management, clinical encounter documentation, patient education, medical document management and specialty-specific templates. Physicians are also able to demonstrate Meaningful Use, allowing eligible providers to receive the $44,000 Medicare or $63,750 Medicaid EHR incentive funding and avoid penalties.
Benefits of using CareCloud Charts:
- Pure Cloud: CareCloud's user-friendly platform delivers small to large physician practices secure 24/7/365 access to their entire business through any modern web browser, natively on a Mac or PC. CareCloud updates and improves its software regularly, but because it delivers Charts through the cloud in a single instance, all clients use the latest version and do not have to disrupt their operations to upgrade.
- Fully Integrated: Physicians have enough challenges during their EHR vendor selection process to have to worry about integrating multiple systems just to get a simple claim out the door. CareCloud is a one-stop-shop for physicians looking to streamline their practice management and electronic records systems with minimal investment or disruption to the practice.
- Unparalleled Usability: Charts' design was guided by an intimate understanding of the patient encounter. CareCloud's designers and developers spent countless hours working with physicians while they provided patient care within their practices, then focused on delivering a superior user experience that drives improved patient outcomes and reduced operating costs.
- Safe & Secure: The Department of Health and Human Services concluded in a study that 63% of HIPAA security breaches were due to physical theft or loss of data. Web-based EHRs eliminate the most common security risks, since there are no physical files to be compromised. Physicians also enjoy advanced security features such as redundancy, constant backups, granular permissions and audit trails.
- Constant evolution: Healthcare reform has spawned government mandates, new payment models and shifting patient expectations, all of which are taxing the existing technology infrastructure to its limit. Physicians are facing an evolving healthcare industry that demands their practice be adaptive and connected. Unlike legacy systems, CareCloud's platform is designed to embrace change and evolve with the industry.
- Built for a real-time world: Patients are surrounded by a myriad of sensors and smart devices, which monitor, measure and track all aspects of the human body. Today, very little, if any, of this valuable data is captured and aggregated into a single patient health record. CareCloud's foundation utilizes an advanced cloud architecture, which can seamlessly capture unstructured health data. The company ultimately envisions developing this capability to provide a real-time portrait of each patient's wellness.
"We have always strongly believed that a modern cloud-based platform is what will save the healthcare industry from arcane paper-based processes," said CareCloud CEO Albert Santalo. "Unfortunately, with the median up-front EHR capital investment hovering around $30,000 per full-time physician, there's no question that the market has failed to provide physicians with a sophisticated, cost-effective option. The fact that physicians have to even consider financing for an EHR system is just crazy -- we're here to change all that."
CareCloud, which announced $20.1 million in Series A funding in September, provides medical practices with a powerful, secure cloud-based platform for practice management, electronic health records and revenue cycle management. The company's solutions automate everything a successful, modern medical practice needs, like appointment scheduling, patient care, billing and accounts receivable management. Delivered in the cloud, data is more secure, less expensive and accessible anytime, anywhere and on any device (desktop, laptop, or tablet).
CareCloud Charts is available now. For more information, visit CareCloud.com.
CareCloud's mission is to revolutionize the healthcare experience through on-demand software and services. Leading the charge to bring cloud computing to the healthcare industry, CareCloud delivers an integrated suite to maximize physician practice performance that includes:
- Charts -- electronic health records software that seamlessly integrates into practice workflow
- Central -- a complete medical practice management system from scheduling to billing
- Concierge -- a comprehensive revenue cycle management solution for health care providers
- Community -- a secure patient and provider portal to increase communication and collaboration
CareCloud currently services more than 1,000 physicians and other healthcare providers throughout the United States and was named a winner of IBM's SmartCamp Silicon Valley 2010 for its innovative new technology. For more information, visit CareCloud online at www.carecloud.com.