WARRENVILLE, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The Urgent Care Association of America (UCAOA) today released the results of its 2010 Benchmarking Study, evaluating the current landscape of the urgent care industry. Administered by Professional Research Consultants, Inc., and fully funded by a UCAOA grant, the study closely examines the breadth and depth of the practice and delivery of urgent care medicine. The report is comprised of nine sections: Structure, Visits, Integration, Quality, Technology, Staffing, Financials, Marketing and Future of the Industry.
A total of 209 urgent care center sites, representing all 50 states, contributed to the study. Comparative data from the 2008 Survey is included to make it a robust industry analysis.
Key findings include:
- Large multi-site centers are growing.
- There was a 5% increase in the number of newer centers (less than 2 years) showing continued new entry into the industry.
- Visits are going up; from 2008 to 2010 average visits per month increased by 28.
- The average per visit reimbursement increased by 14.71%, suggesting payers are recognizing the value of urgent care.
- Most centers are expecting growth within the next 12 months, with 86% expecting their center’s volume to continue to increase.
Questions this study addresses include:
- What is the average patient volume?
- What do staffing models look like?
- What is the average revenue and reimbursement?
- What does the payer distribution look like?
- What are the typical hours?
“UCAOA conducted a similar study in 2008 that provided key insight into industry trends and best practices,” said Dale Key, UCAOA Benchmarking Committee Chair. “The results from this new Benchmarking Study go beyond that original research and clearly demonstrate the continued growth and evolution of the urgent care industry. Increases in areas like centers per ownership, time in operation, and patient visits per month indicate that we are moving in an exciting direction.”
To order the 2010 Urgent Care Benchmarking Study visit www.ucaoa.org or call (877) 698-2262.
About the Urgent Care Association of America
The Urgent Care Association of America is a membership association for the urgent care industry. UCAOA provides leadership, education and resources for the successful practice of urgent care for its members. For more information visit www.ucaoa.org.
Lou Ellen Horwitz
KEYWORDS: United States North America Illinois
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Seniors Women Other Consumer Health Hospitals Children Teens Consumer Family General Health Men