CHELMSFORD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Saint Luke’s Health System has selected workforce management solutions from Kronos Incorporated to better manage its 8,300 employees. Saint Luke’s aims to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity with the integrated suite of solutions from Kronos.
- Saint Luke’s Health System, a long-time user of Kronos across a subset of locations, chose to standardize all of its workforce management technology on Kronos solutions after evaluating other vendor offerings. Saint Luke’s, which includes 11 hospitals, a homecare hospice, and numerous physician practices in the Kansas City area, will use the latest version of the Kronos Workforce Central® suite, including time and attendance, employee scheduling, HR and payroll, labor analytics, and absence management solutions.
- Saint Luke’s expects to save $500,000 in operating costs by standardizing on Kronos across its entire organization. The cost savings will be achieved by eliminating use of disparate applications, some of which required the organization to pay costly recurring subscription fees.
- Saint Luke’s also anticipates reduced staffing costs with the new Kronos system, as it will provide supervisors with greater transparency in resource allocation and management. For example, nursing supervisors will be able to balance clinical needs with the personal needs of staff by utilizing the Kronos scheduling module, reporting functionality, and centralized display of staffing conditions.
- HR staff at Saint Luke’s will be able to focus on more strategic projects as processes that were previously done manually become automated and staff take advantage of the workflow and self-service functionality of the Kronos solutions.
- Debe Gash, vice president and CIO, Saint Luke’s Health System
“As we all move toward healthcare reform, one of our highest priorities is improving efficiency and reducing costs. Like most healthcare organizations, the majority of costs at Saint Luke’s are associated with our staff. Kronos provides a comprehensive look into what is driving those costs and productivity levels, which enables us to better manage our people resources.”
- Brian Graves, global practice leader of healthcare, Kronos
“By standardizing its critical staffing and workforce business processes with Kronos solutions, Saint Luke’s will be better poised to manage and control labor costs and improve productivity throughout its health delivery system. Kronos is excited to continue our partnership with Saint Luke’s and to help it achieve enhanced competitiveness through the use of a centralized workforce management suite.”
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2011 Kronos Incorporated. Kronos and Workforce Central are registered trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Indrani Ray-Ghosal, +1 978-947-3042
KEYWORDS: United States North America Massachusetts
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Technology Data Management Software Health Hospitals Professional Services Human Resources General Health