DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/84f278/west_palm_beach_f) has announced the addition of the "West Palm Beach, FL Market Overview" report to their offering.
The rocky economy has put the brakes on the fast-paced growth in West Palm Beach, but one local health system is preparing for the population to expand again by moving forward with plans to construct a new hospital. A key factor stabilizing this markets healthcare industry during turbulent times is a high percentage of Medicare beneficiaries, accounting for one-fifth of the local population.
Because the regions Medicare spending per beneficiary is also above average, these patients help to neutralize an unfavorable payer mix for hospitals and physicians, which face a high uninsured rate and growing Medicaid enrollment. At the same time, lawmakers are looking to make major changes to the Medicaid system in Florida, although they were unable to come to agreement in the 2010 regular session. Expect the areas safety-net services to be reassessed and transformed as federal healthcare reform is carried out.
Questions answered in this report:
- The health system market, which is moderately consolidated, is dominated by two for-profit companies. How much competition do hospitals face from ambulatory surgery centers? Have the financial difficulties of Boca Raton Community Hospital improved? What health system plans to construct a new hospital, and where? How do corporate executives with Tenet Healthcare view the local market for hospitals? What advantage does Tenet have because of its large market share? How likely is the addition of a public teaching hospital to the community? What are health systems plans for electronic medical records?
- There is very little physician consolidation in the market. What impact does this fragmentation have on physicians? Are physicians using the medical home model? What is the local medical liability environment? What changes are occurring with urgent-care centers and retail clinics? Is concierge care big here?
- The two largest health plans are neck and neck in terms of market share. Are health plans seeing increased enrollment among individuals? Could population growth help increase enrollment? What impact do snowbirds traveling back and forth between states have on local health plan enrollment? Which carrier has the Palm Beach County School District contract? What changes could come in the future with state-led Medicaid reform?
- Key market indicators and leading organizations among health systems, physicians and health plans
- Health systems market share
- Income, revenue, enrollment and pharmacy spend for leading health plans
Key Topics Covered:
- West Palm Beach Market
- Management Summary
- Health Systems & Hospitals
- Health Plans
- Demographics & Statistics
- UnitedHealth Group
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida
- CIGNA HealthCare
- Medical Specialists of the Palm Beaches
- MCCI Medical Group
- Ob/Gyn Specialists of the Palm Beaches
- Boca Radiology Group
- Tenet Healthcare
- HCA East Florida Division
- Bethesda Healthcare System
- Boca Raton Community Hospital
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/84f278/west_palm_beach_f
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
KEYWORDS: United States North America
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Hospitals Managed Care